Whats up with Marcums Customer Service??????

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Whats the problem with Marcums Customer Service!!! I have sent them 4 emails in the last few weeks and some phone calls but not one has bothered to respond at all to either of these.If this is the way they treat Customers when just needing some information, what happens if you need an item serviced?

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I’ve tried the e-mail twice and never heard back. Going to try calling next week and hope it goes better. I was surprised the e-mails were not answered either. They were pretty simple questions about a part missing an a new camera I bought new. Always heard here they were great…. so hoping the call luck is better than yours went.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Yes I hope you get better results from them than I did.No reason NOT to answer any Customer requests either by e mail or phone call.I have snowplowing business and if I did not return my Customers calls, I would not have been in business for the last 34 years! A returned call or email goes a long ways these days, especially when you are not the only kid on the block!

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

If this is the way they treat Customers when just needing some information, what happens if you need an item serviced?

Then you would probably buy a vexilar.

They both make great units- have one of each, then make your own call.

red89
    Hudson

I called probably a month ago and talked to someone who was very willing to help me. The person I talked to was not very technical, but atleast I did get somebody.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

they have always been more than helpful and pleasant whenever i had a question. I know right now they are super busy getting everything ready for the release of the new products, as well as doing dealer shows.

here is the person i talk to……
    Chris Hansen

Versa Electronics

Director of Customer Service

MarCum Technologies

888-778-1208

[email protected]

http://www.MarCumtech.com

mojogunter

I believe Marcum was purchased by Normark, so it may take some time to get everything ironed out.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I believe Marcum was purchased by Normark, so it may take some time to get everything ironed out.

FWIW – this is not correct. MarCum has not been purchased by Normark or any other company. They did enter into a marketing partnership with Normark but nothing has changed with MarCum internal personnel including management, engineering, sales, marketing or customer service.

Which makes the lack of communication very odd. Most rave about MarCum’s service. My personal experience is I can get someone at MarCum on the phone any time of day during business hours. I’m not saying the problems experienced by the OP are inaccurate in any way. That just hasn’t been my experience.

To the OP… call them Monday at 9 AM. I bet you get someone on the 3rd ring.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Thanks for the replies. I will try calling them again on Monday.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

just needing some information

This maybe a silly question…but what’s your question?

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

question is- when and what the procedure is for returning my Ice Troller for an update.

marcum_tech

Sorry to hear we failed to connect. From time to time we hear reports of people un-able to get through, but with most customers focused on fall fishing/hunting things are quiet at the shop! I have listed the best contact information for our Customer Service dept. They are available 8am-4pm Monday – Friday.

That being said, Upgrades for the Troller, LX-7, and Showdowns (3.2 and older) Will begin in late Oct.

Email [email protected]
    Phone 888-778-1208

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

That being said, Upgrades for the Troller, LX-7, and Showdowns (3.2 and older) Will begin in late Oct

That being said, can you shed some light on what that upgrade process will look like? What’s involved (shipping unit to Marcum?) How much it will cost? etc.

Answers to these questions will probably reduce calls to your customer service line..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.