Vex Fish Scout camera?

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

I am in the market for another underwater camera and I really like this Vexilar Fish Scout.Can’t seem to find much in reviews on other Forums on this camera. I called Vexilar and was told they have sold over 6000 of these and very little problems with them. Has anyone here bought one or used one and their thoughts on them. Appreciate the help.

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

I sold my wife’s aqua view and bought her the vexilar last fall. She used it all winter on pool 10 ice fishing and loved it. She takes it in the boat every time we go. We like it better than the aqua view but it is a little hard to see In direct sun light. We haven’t had any malfunctions with it.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Cowboy- Thanks for your reply. MY Aqua Vue I just sold ( Scout 2) had the same problems but seeing stuff in color has got to be cool. I just bought an Aqua Vue Micro and had it out over the weekend on my boat and it works very well but also hard to see in direct sunlight.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve talked to a number of people that were on the fence between the Vex and the Marcum.

I ask them to do one thing.

Go to a store that has both cameras, set the cameras so they point at the same object around 10 feet away. Then look a the displays.

Go ahead, adjust the color on the Vex. It won’t matter.

Also notice the picture of the object in the display, compare it to looking at it with your own eyes. Does it look further away then it really is?

Which camera shows the best, most accurate picture?

I can sit here all day and say MarCum MarCum MarCum and others can say whatever. What really matters is what you see with your own eyes.

Welcome to the MarCum family!

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

Your welcome. We really like the color and I also like the adjustable lights they work so much better than the aqua view . I can’t say anything good or bad about the marcum cameras but I do think they are worth looking into.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Try this with another brand of camera.

67.5 feet below the Mississippi River!

Remember the snow storm effect that happens as darkness approaches?

Marcum’s Darkwater Technology eliminates this reflection of particles back into the camera lens.

taz
    Frederic wi

Quote:

I’ve talked to a number of people that were on the fence between the Vex and the Marcum.

Go to a store that has both cameras, set the cameras so they point at the same object around 10 feet away. Then look a the displays.

Also notice the picture of the object in the display, compare it to looking at it with your own eyes. Does it look further away then it really is?

I can sit here all day and say MarCum MarCum MarCum and others can say whatever. What really matters is what you see with your own eyes.

X2. Well said BK

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

love the video brian, sweet seeing those saugers and eyes hug the bottom like that. they are all over the place!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

love the video brian, sweet seeing those saugers and eyes hug the bottom like that. they are all over the place!!!

As a side note, that week that video was taken most everyone was complaining about how slow the bite was. Comments like “there’s no fish up there (by the dam)” were common.

corey-studer

Quote:

BK – I totally agree that consumers should set them side by side and choose which one looks best for them. Also, be sure to try to have them facing directly into the sun if possible and see which one washes out.
    While you can sit there saying m,m,m I can sit here all day and say Vexilar, Vexilar, Vexilar. May the bantering begin
    Let’s just hope we all have a better winter so we all win!

hnd

we used one of the first vexilar scouts a year ago. we had a marcum there side by side. the marcum was a much better picture, it tells you the direction of the camera and gives you the water temp. the vexilar did none of that. maybe the new ones do but i’d rather find an older marcum than a newer vexilar to be honest.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Try this with another brand of camera.

67.5 feet below the Mississippi River!

Remember the snow storm effect that happens as darkness approaches?

Marcum’s Darkwater Technology eliminates this reflection of particles back into the camera lens.

I want this one at 2:34!

Joel

corey-studer

Quote:

we used one of the first vexilar scouts a year ago. we had a marcum there side by side. the marcum was a much better picture, it tells you the direction of the camera and gives you the water temp. the vexilar did none of that. maybe the new ones do but i’d rather find an older marcum than a newer vexilar to be honest.

The FS2000DT has depth, temp and direction

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

maybe the new ones do but i’d rather find an older marcum than a newer vexilar to be honest.

He was just being honest.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

hnd

dude sounds like he sells them.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

OH No! Topics getting like the GM VS FORD Thing! Oh well, I bought the Vex Fish Scout at a SUPER price ( $300) and after having it out this last weekend on the Niagara River got to say, it has a great color picture.I saw a school of Perch at 45 ft as clear as if you had one in your hand ( will have in Feb) The color was really good and it showed every rock and weed on the bottom. This camera will definitely do well I am sure this ice season. I really don’t need a $600 camera with all the bells and whistles for Ice fishing so this Vex will just do fine.Thanks for the replies all.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hope you have good fishing with it for many years to come peterkclassic600.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Thank you BrianK.

hnd

hopefully it works well for you. i wish we had more areas where a camera was usable down here in nw illinois.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.