NEW AQUA VUE MICRO CAMERA?

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

I am thinking of buying a new Aqua Vue Micro camera in the very near future as I just sold my older Scout. Just looking for some honest opinions, good or bad from some here that may have them or used them and their thoughts. Thanks in advance for any help in buying.Where is the best place to purchase one without the heavy MSRP price? Thanks again,Pete

taz
    Frederic wi

Don’t forget to check out the marcum cam

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wait a bit closer to ice and I’m sure you’ll find some in the classifies in slightly used condition.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Taz-I have checked the Marcums but they are not the pocket size camera I am looking for.The Aqua Vues fit right in your pocket.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

There were a number of reviews last winter, biggest cons were the display in full sunlight wasn’t good, need to shade and with the tiny camera, your video quality will obviously suffer. No video out, no dvr.

The pros are pretty obvious, with the small size and being so portable and all, there really isn’t anything else in it’s class.

I talked to an aqua-vu guy and there will be some big additions to the features coming up this year so if you’re willing to pay full price, it may be worth it to wait, or perhaps last years new units on clearance because the new features are desirable in my opinion.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Thanks to everyone who responded.I found a BN new Micro on Ebay last night for $250, never opened, factory sealed.Got thinking today about what may be on the newer ( this years micros, which are not going to be released for awhile yet)and decided to call Aqua Vue and ask. Nina, a very nice lady I talked to said that YES there are 2 changes coming.1 is a Video OUT port and a new Micro with a VDR being built right into the unit.But both will be more money so I will stick with my lasts years Model.She also asked where I had heard about these changes but just said I heard on a fishing show!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.