Still having issues after lx-7 update

• llong

Finally was able to get out on the ice and use my lx-7 after doing the upgrade to it. I am still having an issue with the bottom jumping all around every once in awhile. I am fishing in 5ft, have it set on the 10ft mode and the digital read out will jump from 5 to 4.8, 4.9 to 10, 11. When his happens return lines come up and block the actual bottom area, and then when the unit corrects itself the lines go back down below the bottom signal. I really like the unit but this is getting frustrating. I tried in deeper water to around 12ft and it would do the same thing there too. I have the transducer hanging down straight and even down below the ice line to see if that may have been an issue. Anybody else still experiencing this or did I just get a dud unit???

skeeter437

I am having the same issue. Deep water it works awesome
    but in shallow 6-7 fow it is jumping around.

prospector
    Wyoming

Makes no difference on the depth on mine. 10-100ft. Every time out, mine has had to be powered down and then on again just to calm it down. This thing is the ticket once it is dialed in and out of the sun. The lx7 still has several issues IMO. I am glad that marcum will continue to make it better. I think it would speed up the process if they had solid feedback from us field testers.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

I bought one this weekend and seen no issues whatsoever. Right out of the box to the charger to the ice. I haven’t put the upgrade in yet. It’s hands down the best unit I’ve ever fished with. I’ve had all vexilars and ice-55 and the lx-7 blows them out of the water.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.