Danc’n With The Devil

• bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Ice conditions are not favorable. Been a long time since we were still danc’n with the devil in late December ice on 9. 2006 to be exact. Measured 3.25″ in 4 out of the 6 holes I drilled this morning. Didn’t measure the other 2. When the suns rays finally fake out the river bluff by mid morning ~ that little radiant kiss gets the top layer slippery in a hurry. Lot of moaning & groaning with cracks shooting in a multitude of directions.

Walleye: Finding some willing fish but can’t seem to unlock the 20 incher code. Everything has been 17″ on down.

Perch: Schooling through at various rates throughout the mornings. Size has been okay but mostly 8″ to 9″ males. Couple belley busting females this morning.

Crappie: Still luv the Cecils. Monday gold was the ticket. Today purple. Last Friday two tone purple/pink.

Wasn’t going to keep anything this morning until a walleye decided to swallow without chewing. Scrammbled to pick up a few grease mates.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

DeSoto Bay is loaded with these things. Great tackle tester tugs! Gills are running small. Biggest one I caught pictured. Can’t understand why with all the billy bass lurking.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Now that’s starring down a “hole”!

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Cold Springs is loaded with LMB too. Buddy and his son got 9 keepers on tip ups on Monday and I got 2 keepers and countless 10 inchers on jig poles. Fun but frustrating knowing what they are doing to the gill population.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Nice report bosman I’m jealous maybe I need to head north

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.