I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

• Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

The forecast for the La Crosse area shows nothing but warm weather and no ice. With my 6 days off of work coming up from Christmas and likely little to no ice to fish over…I’m going to have to un-winterize the flat bottom and beat up on some walleye with nature boy this weekend.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The sign of a great fisherman…one that changes to changing (or not changing) conditions!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

The forecast for the La Crosse area shows nothing but warm weather and no ice. With my 6 days off of work coming up from Christmas and likely little to no ice to fish over…I’m going to have to un-winterize the flat bottom and beat up on some walleye with nature boy this weekend.

You say that like its a bad thing. Ill take boating weather.

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Its not a bad thing! Just a little unexpected, now I gotta play a little shuffle game with the bass boat in the garage and also un-winterize then re-winterize it

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

i’m dreaming of a brown christmas

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Joe from what the month out long range forecast looks like I don’t think you’ll have to re-winterize to quick !! And also I’m pissed that I have to store my boat away from home and have paid my 3 months storage fee already I did mention to the better half that I might have to purchase a small flat-bottom just for things like this. and believe it or not she didn’t think I was nuts !!!!

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Glenn, I bought my flat before my bass boat and intended to sell it. But I use it way too much and if i did try to sell it I wouldn’t get more than $2k for it, and it is worth waaay more than that to me. I would highly recommend having a 14 ft with a 25, a little casting deck and a trolling motor, you can do alot with it! Just make sure you look for an extra wide one.

Oh yeah, don’t be afraid of older motors. I have way less problems with my 1977 then i do with my 2002.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

That’ll teach you to winterize a boat. If you make one or two trips a winter to P4, you never have to fully winterize. Some Stabill or SeaFoam in the fall and you’re good to go.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

That’ll teach you to winterize a boat. If you make one or two trips a winter to P4, you never have to fully winterize. Some Stabill or SeaFoam in the fall and you’re good to go.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. If you need me this weekend, you’ll find me in a boat.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. If you need me this weekend, you’ll find me in a boat.

Same here. I’ll be below the Wi Dells dam.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

People fishing and catching today. Just bring a ladder or plank to get to the ice..

FDR

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

FDR, are you serious? Last Sunday there was 3 – 4 inches at best, I figured after the weather and rain we have had there would be no safe ice left.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

At least you have a boat to un-winterize (not sure why you winterize it to start with). My boat is off at SBC getting some work done to make sure it’s top notch for next season.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Fished the Marina in Lansing today. Even though you could walk on the ice, 3 inches, and a few guys were I sat on the docks and fished. Kept 4 perch and 2 gills. Caught quite a few smaller gills. The FL-18 marked a lot of fish, just couldn’t get a consistent bite dialed in.

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Going to try fishing in the morning… Don’t know if I will be successful, but there is still some hard ice to be found surprisingly. Hopefully these colder nighttime temps reharden was is left.

jld
    Holmen

Plenty of guys at the end of Fisherman’s Road and a few others scattered on the lake at the landing today. Another cold night should tighten things up fairly well. By Sunday afternoon though that could be a different story with 40 degrees predicted.

Workboot
    Coon Rapids, MN

And me with my new snow blower even. Global warming , I guess. Will we all be out mowing the lawn soon.???

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got home early today and was able to finish up some yard work that didnt get done this fall. Hauled away a few piles of leaves. Piked up the kids toys and junk in the back yard. Cleaned up under the apple tree and played some fetch with the dog. Now that that is done Im good to go fishing for the weekend.

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Gonna get the boat out on the lake and see what happens. I went out and looked at it tonight. Just sheet ice in some spots 10 feet out from shore. RAMMING SPEED!!!!! I’m hungry for specs.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Quote:

Winterize his what ????? Shame on him, let it flow, let it flow, let it flow!!!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I’m not surprised at all. I broke some chunks up with my boat waves today that were at least 3-4″ thick and it was good hard ice. Caught this nice 3 lb 14 oz largemouth in the process on a jig. Latest in the year I have ever been successful in open water bass fishing! Pitching the ice chunks was the ticket!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Come on up to Eau Claire, we have fishable ice!

jld
    Holmen

I didn’t fall through either so we have fishable ice in the La Crosse area as well. Action was a little slow but I managed enough bluegills to feed the family tonight. It was nice to get out finally!!!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.