Flyreel Clicker Noise?

• pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

I am thinking of getting a flyreel like many others have but after fishing next to a couple guys last Winter, don’t know if I can stand the noise that the reels make when letting line out or retreiving it.Do any of these reels, Frabill, Okuma,or any other makes have a way to turn the clicker off? Thanks in advance.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Frabill’s clicker is only when the drag goes out.. My Okuma does not have a clicker and the cabela’s reel I picked up had clicker but was just a pin/ a spring that made noise when it went over the indents on the inside of the reel. Easily removed. Im sure most other reels the clicker can be removed.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Frabill’s clicker is only when the drag goes out.. My Okuma does not have a clicker and the cabela’s reel I picked up had clicker but was just a pin/ a spring that made noise when it went over the indents on the inside of the reel. Easily removed. Im sure most other reels the clicker can be removed.

Yup, with almost all reels the clicker is easily removed.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Spinning reel guys associate drags clicking with big fish. It’s unnerving at first, but after I got used to it, it’s no big deal. Until I get a fish that’s really peeling the line off the spool, but I’m too focused on the situation than on the clicker noise.

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Okuma slv has a clicker. I wrote an article last season on my blog on how to remove them. Includes pics. Very easy to do. We Fish Iowa

Hope this helps you. I remove mine. Silent and deadly!

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Thanks for the replies, especially the Blog on how to remove clicker.Got one on order. PK

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

No problem. That was my second question….after what do you use for backing. Your gonna love it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.