MarCum VX-1 Pro

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

For you VX-1 owners out there, I’m wondering what your experiences are with this unit? I’ve fished with all the Marcum flashers over the years, but never that specific unit. I’m looking for a good backup and another extra to have with for buddies. From the specs, the thing does twice as much as anything else in its price range. Thoughts?

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I have owned one for I would guess 4 years or maybe another.

I have it for others to use that don’t have one if I take them out fishing.

Great unit for the money.

I have a Bird 55 & 35. Also have 3 MarCum units,LX5-3 and the 1. if all others were gone, I could easily go out fishing with the 1.

Can’t go wrong for the money Luke.

If your not stuck on the MarCum, check out the Ice 35 also, a very good unit for the cash.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I had one befor I got my LX5 and loved it, actually sometimes I wish I still had it. Enough power and then some to get the job done. And you are still able to zoom in on the bottom 5-10 feet of the water column.

But then again the ability to zoom on any part of the water column with the LX3 for another $100 may be worth it to some people.

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

If you go up to page 4 on the bottom on here there is a great read to what you are asking. Just dont know how to post the link to pg 4. How ever the VX1 you cant go wrong with the unit I have put them through the bash and bounce on many of my trips and the still go strong. Good all around units for the money they are worth every penny.

hnd

i switched from the fl8 to the 1 last year and i love it.

ntw
    Eastern MT

I had a VX-1 for 4 years until last year when I upgraded to the LX-5. I sold the VX-1 to a friend. It was an awesome unit, and unless you really are going to use all the features of the LX-5 then the VX-1 is probably for you! That being said, I love my 5, the target separation is noticeable, and the features are great if you know how to use them; but for most of the people out there ice fishing the VX-1 is probably more than enough!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.