What do we KNOW is frozen…

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Driving home I saw that Moore Lake in Fridley stayed locked all day, which means other small bodies north are close to going. So from around MN, what do you all know will be ready to fish now or soon?

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I herd some lakes in the Alex area were locked up as of Friday.

deertracker

Most in the Alex area are all locked up. The only ones that may be partially open are the ones that get deeper than 100ft. The ones that I drive by on a daily basis are Brophy, Cowdry, Geneva and Le Homme Dieu. Mary also appeared completely frozen from a distance.
    DT

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

How about Tonka / Independance? Looking to get out on Friday afternoon so hopefully the 40’s/50’s open them back up.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

From the looks of it Saturday night Big Winnie locked up. The east shore has a little rough ice from everything getting blown in. I dont think these warm temps will open in up but it will be a while before I think about heading out.

It was still dark out when I drove by ML on Monday morning so I couldnt see how much ice it had.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I saw people ice fishing a small water by Spooner this weekend.

deertracker

Well the Alexandria area is ice free again, except for the small ponds. We had big winds that cleared everything out.
    DT

arklite881south

We’ve got….Poor ice. 5 inches of snow sunk the sheet. Still thankfully the sinking of the ice currently will not allow that heavy snow to insulate. This is precisely what we had last season in the end of November/early December. Now bring the cold while there is little snowcover, and lets ROLL!! EVERYONE needs to get fishing, and YES that includes ME!! I hope 7 days finds this guy slamming big walleyes!! BTW that would be a few days earlier than last season.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

It was in the 50’s here in SW Wisconsin on the Mississippi River… The temp on the main channel was in the low 40’s..

We need some serious cold weather for us to have ice by Christmas… that’s what I have been asking Santa for

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.