7th Annual Portable Modification Get Together!!!

• MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Yes… I know we’re just getting into the open water season, but it’s never too early to start preparing for the next ice fishing season

That being said, the date is set for the 7th Annual Portable Modification Get Together!!!

Date: Saturday, September 24
    Times: 9am – 5pm (however the store will be open at 5:30am)

For anyone who has been to any one of these events in the past, I think it’s safe to say it’s a fun-filled day and everyone goes home happy!

A TON of companies in attendance and it officially kicks off the ice fishing season!

Some things to expect…

– Check out modified portable fish houses
    – Enter your modified portable fish house for a chance to win prizes
    – Listen to excellent seminars from ice fishing professionals
    – Enjoy food and snacks
    – Go home with tons of prizes and giveaways from attending companies
    – Partake in Ice fishing talk with fellow anglers and your favorite ice fishing companies
    – DISCOUNTS on EVERYTHING in the store!!!
    – ICE FISHING EXCITEMENT IN THE SUMMER!!!
    – Plus more!!!

This means you might want to get out your portable fish houses and begin your modifications! We will make the prizes for 1st-3rd definitely worthwhile!!!

Stay tuned for more info and a list of companies who will be in attendance! Also, once the seminar schedule is set it will be posted here as well!

So, mark your calendars for Saturday, September 24 and see everyone there!

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Vexilar, Otter Outdoors and Frabill have stepped up to the plate and will be donating some excellent prizes!

Vexilar will be donating a Fish Scout 1000 Underwater Camera, Otter Outdoors will be donating one of their NEW Wild Series Thermal Lodge Portable Fish Houses and Frabill will be donating one of their NEW Recon Shuttle fish houses!!!

These prizes will be given away to the best modifications, so get out your tools and let’s see what you can come up with! Still almost 2 months to plan and build!

Thank you to Vexilar, Otter and Frabill for your donations! A few lucky people will be going home with some outstanding prizes!

More info coming soon…

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Here’s the tentative seminar schedule for the get together…

Ice Fishing with Plastics
    Speaker: Corey Bechtold
    Time: 11am

What’s New for 2011/2012
    Speakers: Matt Johnson and Pat Smith
    Time: 1pm

Overlooked Details: Keeping it Simple
    Speaker: Pat Rodger
    Time: 3pm

Those will round out the seminars for the event and things might change, but you can expect to see a seminar at 11am, 1pm and 3pm…

More details to come…

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Reminder… Only 4 weeks away!!!

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

NEW addition to the list of prizes…
    A Clam Ice Armor Blue Suit! Winner of this prize will be able to contact Clam with the size they want and a Blue Suit will be sent to your house!!!

Thank you Clam Outdoors!!!

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

The excitment is growing! A little over 2 weeks until the big day! Always fun to see a lot of your there and bring your modified portable fish houses! Some excellent prizes to be won! Ice fishing is summer?…. You bet!!!

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Hot of the press AWESOME update!!!

Matt Ribar, Duke’s Concessions, is going to bring one of their cheese curd stands and provide all-we-can-eat cheese curds during the event! Thorne Bros will also be donating fish for an all-day fish fry too!

So, if you’re looking for some EXCELLENT food then I highly recommend stopping by this event! Oh yea… it’s ALL FREE!!!

See you there!!!

siclone
    W. Lakeland

I’m coming for the food and er… seminars!

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Tomorrow is the day! See everyone in the morning!

siclone
    W. Lakeland

Just for clarification…

Is the food really free???

If it is, that means more money goes towards purchasing ice fishing stuff!

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Yes, the food is FREE

NEW Addition to Prize Line-up!!!

I just got word from Marcum Technologies and they will be donating a LX-3tc Flasher as one of the prizes for the best modified fish house! Thank you Marcum Technologies!

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Everyone enjoy. I got my brothers wedding.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I just got off the phone With Matt Johnson over there At Throne Bros! Talk about a class act. I wish I lived closer and could just drop in whenever I wanted! Until then I will have to order online! Thanks for the great service Matt and Crew!

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

Had a great time at the get together. Nice to meet you James and thanks for the hat. Thorne Bros did an awesome job. Thank you goes out to all the sponsors and other people involved. A special thank you to Otter Outdoors for sending me home with a new ice shanty.

Randy

MattJohnson
    Blaine, MN

Thanks to everyone who made it out to this event! I think it’s safe to say everyone had a great time and fun was had by all! It’s always exciting to see so many ice fishing diehards roaming around in one area in the month of September!

The Top 3 modifications went to…

1st Place – Randy Rowell (won an Otter Wild Thermal Magnum Lodge Package)
    2nd Place – Charlie Rydmark (won a Vexilar Fish Scout 1000 Underwater Camera)
    3rd Place – Chris Lafean (won a Marcum LX-3tc Flasher)

Honorable Mention goes to Johny Range (who tied with Chris Lafean but was beat by a coin toss)

Overall, all of the modifications were outstanding! The effort put into these was amazing and I think we definitely set a new bar for years to come!

On top of the many modifications, we had a lot of industry support. Special thanks go out to the following companies for attending the event and for offering up their time to help the sport grow as well as the donations for the prize raffles…

Clam Corporation
    Frabill
    Otter Outdoors
    Eskimo
    Vexilar
    Marcum
    Aqua Vu
    Strikemaster
    Jiffy
    Rose Creek
    Solution Tackle Systems
    Ice Armor
    SnoSuit
    Cold Snap Outdoors
    Pure Fishing (Berkley, Fenwick, Abu Garcia…)
    Today’s Tackle
    Tim Allard (Ultimate Ice Guide Book)
    Kahtoola

Also a HUGE thank you goes to Matt Ribar (and his wife) for slaving over the grease to provide the event with all-you-can-eat cheese curds! I think I speak for all of us that those were VERY good!

I would also like to thank Corey Bechtold, Pat Rodger and Mike Rodger for giving some outstanding seminars!

And last, but not least, thank you to Josh and the Thorne Bros staff for going the extra mile to make sure everything went smoothly. Josh provided all the excellent fish as well as the venue to host such a fun event! I know the staff at the store worked exceptionally hard during the weeks leading up to the event to make sure the store was stocked with ice fishing gear… and it’s safe to say Thorne Bros is the first store around to have darn-near their full line of ice fishing gear out in Septmeber!

If you would like to check out some pictures from the event please go to the following link… 2011 Portable Modification Get Together Pictures – CLICK HERE

I also encourage anyone else who had pictures of the event to please post them here!

Thanks again for all of the support with the event and best of luck this winter on the ice!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.