Ice traction, easy on/off

• acarroline

Ice traction question. I have Katoolas and they are great. My ice boots are Clam Sub Zero X. I found a few times this winter I didn’t put the katoolas on because they made a lot of noise which spooked fish, I was fishing from the truck and didn’t want to rip up my floor mats or make it hard to drive, and they aren’t the easiest to get on and off. Anybody try some of those velcro crampons to stick on a boot or shoe, or something else that is easy on/off and gives a little traction?

K1 Mid sole ice cleats

Job Site Ice claws

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ice traction question. I have Katoolas and they are great. My ice boots are Clam Sub Zero X. I found a few times this winter I didn’t put the katoolas on because they made a lot of noise which spooked fish, I was fishing from the truck and didn’t want to rip up my floor mats or make it hard to drive, and they aren’t the easiest to get on and off. Anybody try some of those velcro crampons to stick on a boot or shoe, or something else that is easy on/off and gives a little traction?

K1 Mid sole ice cleats

Job Site Ice claws

I wear the k1s at work. They suck.

acarroline

BC; darn…but the Job Sites are pretty cheap. The K1’s fall off?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BC; darn…but the Job Sites are pretty cheap. The K1’s fall off?

No they work it’s just hard because where they are located on your foot doesn’t help your toes from slipping.

Cw

Carpet trimmed to match the boots with a couple of hex screws is what I use for shallow late ice fish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.