Ice thickness?

• ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

How is the ice shaping up. If you have info it would be helpful to know thickness, general location and date.

Thanks,

Right now on Leech:

In front of Trappers Landing Lodge we have 13-16 inches of ice right now. We have found some spots in the 18 inch range it grew quick this past week with the cold temps. We have a couple big cracks off of pelican island but if you are traveling on a ATV or Snowmobile those should be fine to cross. Our road goes out to Huddles reef and to the north of Pipe Island. Should have the big roads plowed by the end of the weekend. Open to all vehicle traffic on this end of the lake.

In Walker Bay there is a small road plowed to the Banana Reef and its been heavily traveled this past week. Reports there are 11-13 inches of ice across the bay but still have some snowbanks that have 8. Use caution out there and ATV/Snowmobile is advised out there.

Sam
    St.Francis

any cars out on the lake yet? thinking about going up there this weekend

nubbinbuck

Google Mille Lacs Webcams… or Mille Lacs Ice reports, for current trends.

nubbinbuck

22″ of ice on Garrison Bay today. About 2″ of standing water, so wear your rubbers..

Targeted Pike, ended up with a 26″ Walleye. No Pike, nor did I see anyone else with any flags this afternoon.

I’ve now caught as many Walleyes this year as Pike, and I don’t even target them.

Some REAL healthy big Mamas in there…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.