ice castle?

• tapout

Hello I just bought an ice castle rv edition and am trying to figure everything out on it I was wondering how the fresh water tank won’t freeze if I fill it then drive six hours up north. Is their a heating element in the tank or what’s the dues and don’t on these things. And if theirs any advice on anything else I might not know please fill me in.thanks

tapout

Nothing nobody owned one of these shacks?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

It will freeze solid on you.
    The only reason it is in there is due to the fact that it is an RV edition. You still have to winterize an RV.

There may be a tank heater as an option but I have never heard of IC installing one. I would call camping world or look online to see if this is an option for you to install if you really want.

A case of bottles or a 5gal jug is your best bet in winter for a water supply.

castle-rock-clown

I would only use the water system during non freezing temperature time of year. Like mark says 5 gallon jug and small bottles work best during the winter. If you’re looking for a shack in the middle of a frozen lake that you can take a shower in, that’s a hard thing to accomplish. baby wipes and Old Spice for this cowboy.

tapout

Got it don’t use that part in winter def understandable just didn’t know if people did or not thanks a lot for the responses.

tapout

O and how about the crapper moon do people usually utilize this function of the shack in winter? And maybe just use bottles of water to wash it down?

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

7 gallon bucket with snap on toilet lid. Line with garbage bag.

castle-rock-clown

to be totally safe instead of using water i would use rv antifreeze. it is non-toxic and used for RV water systems. But unlike other anti freeze it is not to be mixed with water. You just use it alone along with some deodorant in the waste tank and you should be set.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Like JD said, lugable loo and bags, nothing to malfuntion there.

castle-rock-clown

In my firebrand I placed a Thetford Campa Potti in the front closet. It’s a self contained unit and put RV antifreeze in the top flushing water reservoir, and the toilet chemical with some RV antifreeze in the lower holding tank. I love the warmth and convenience, and there is no smell from the unit. When I get home it splits in two, and the holing tank has a large swiveling drain pipe with cap and down the toilet it goes. Pour a gallon/ of warm water back in and give it a swish, dump, and your ready for your next trip. The thing is not much bigger than a 5 gallon bucket.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.