Ice Castle Table

• Bigwalleye30
    MN

Has anyone found a good solution for raising and lower the back table in an Ice Castle? The ones that come standard with 3 poles. I’ve see some different things used, but haven’t heard or seen any reports. Having to crawl under the table to get the legs in and out is getting old!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Invite me fishing and I will see what I can do.

toast

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Has anyone found a good solution for raising and lower the back table in an Ice Castle?

It’s not a fun task is it… this is one of the only complaints I have about my house.

I think I’ll get one of these. A buddy of mine showed me this and they look very nice.

Table Lift

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Smith lift.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

Wow, they sure don’t give those things away. Smithlift is $400. Seems excessive for what it is.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Wow, they sure don’t give those things away. Smithlift is $400. Seems excessive for what it is.

Ya it’s not cheap, but nothing is. I’m a design engineer and I was contemplating just making one on my own. But by the time you factor in your time and materials there is very little left for trial and error. If you had to make a few modifications or a second version you would not be saving much if anything. That said I’m still struggling to justify it. One nice thing is you can take it with you to your next fish house.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I put folding table legs under mine for when it’s in the bed position. Doesn’t help you for the taller poles but you won’t have to use the shortys.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

People must be buying them, they are on backorder and so is the Castle Winch ones. Both are the same price. Not sure which route to go. If the price point was $250-300 on either I’d pull the trigger with no hesitation. Can’t find reviews on either as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.