i fish pro set up panfish

• lrott2003
    Wisconsin

Is there a trick to setting up for panfish or just put the trigger on the absolute edge of not staying in place. Looking for advice from people that have used in the past.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I have not used mine for panfish but like it a lot for walleye and pike. seen them onsale at scheels 29.99 great buy! I have 1 small problem with mine, is the open slot that my line goes thru is slowly closing its gap. is anyone else seeing this? can it be opened back up with a little heat?

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Yes, you’ll want to put the trigger on the very edge. I had this problem midway through last season and posted the same topic. James himself made the suggestion to put it on the edge. After that, it worked very well. Depending on the liveliness of your minnow (if you’re using one) you’ll have to fine tune it.

Bryan Myers

I set mine from time to time for panfish and I do just set it right at the edge lots of times I like to keep the spit shot or weight I’m using as light as possible just so they don’t drop it as soon as it lets loose of the trigger or they will drop the bait almost every time.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Hmm sounds like they should make a new one. !!

Slabhunter

The JT Panfish Snare looks sweet for Panfish….check out this dude’s video of him using it…he set the camera right on the Snare Rod so you get a great idea how it works.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I wold think that one would be tending to the IFishPro more than jigging if they set it up for panfish.

trophybucs

Is there a trick to setting up for panfish or just put the trigger on the absolute edge of not staying in place. Looking for advice from people that have used in the past.

If you’re looking to target panfish with a rod and reel device you might want to try a Finicky Fooler. It’s the most sensitive device I’ve found and I’ve tried them all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.