Hurricane Irma

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

After your prayers for Texas, could you say a little one for Florida. With the models that came out today it doesn’t look good. Matthew really never concerned me much, but this one does. We are still a ways out, but the models all seem to agree that it’s going to hit the straights of Florida, the keys and then come up through the Florida peninsula somewhere.

Iowaboy1

I have been watching that also as I have a friend in De Leon springs.
    the prediction is all over the board at the moment,really hope it turns out to sea like in one of the models.

prayers sent for you and yours as well.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I think with the rapid intensity, they want people to take this VERY serious. Hopefully the High pressure that some of the models are showing will suck it right back out to sea without hitting land.

Be safe bud toast

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Originally the models showed a low pressure trough shooting down from up there pulling it out to sea before reaching land.

Now the high pressure ridge over the Atlantic that has been steering it appears to be holding it’s ground and the high out west are squeezing the low trough to the north.

These things are interesting to watch develop and to track, unfortunately they are serious.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I just saw the updated models today and they are very different than yesterday’s. Looks like Florida has a bullseye on it as a minimum cat 4. Big prayers for our friends down south

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve been waiting all weekend for this evening’s model runs.

Our friends daughter who is generous beyond belief already booked 3 rooms in Georgia. So we can leave if we feel the need, I just hate leaving the house behind.

munchy
    NULL

I’ve been waiting all weekend for this evening’s model runs.

Our friends daughter who is generous beyond belief already booked 3 rooms in Georgia. So we can leave if we feel the need, I just hate leaving the house behind.

Homes can be replaced. Keep you and your family safe. Wishing you the best of luck!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We lease, so technically I’m not real concerned about the home, just what is in it.

Matthew I was concerned with the power going out, which didn’t happen. Spent the first part of the storm keeping the water out of the Lanai.

The last run of models, most shifted slightly east. Some cut Northeast across southern Florida and others hugged the east coast. That’s better than coming straight up the middle of Florida.

It’s still almost a full week out so it’s kind of useless assuming any track at this point.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

But even avoiding a direct hit doesn’t prevent the rain and flooding

Iowaboy1

the link is a thirteen minute video,if you watch all of it you will get a good idea of how hard these things are to predict when they are a week out.
    especially when there are three different fronts that it has to interact with/against.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That’s the guy I follow and he’s probably the best on YouTube. He does a very good job at presenting, he’s a great speaker. His update today has kind of dialed me back a little from all the hysteria.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Models this morning sucks. The models are getting g tighter and building a consensus of going straight up through some part of Florida.

And I just checked the satellite imagery and it’s a perfect circle and fully organized, likely to become a category 5.

CaptainMusky

Thinking of you Pug! Hopefully it veers due East or something to avoid landfall, but it isn’t looking good.
    I just read a few tweets that said it is a Cat 5 right now. Winds 175MPH plus! That is just insane. Stay safe!

404 ERROR
    MN

Hope all turns out well! Just keep the family safe, the rest is replaceable. I know that’s easier said than done, however.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Pug, Bring your Lady and the dogs up! I will take you fishing, the dogs can play with our pug & Lab and the wives can do what wives do! wink
    Seriously, I will be watching and keeping you in my thoughts!

zooks

Stay safe, Pug. You’re right that the models all look really bad today, hope it swings east and misses FL somehow.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ll take a look at the weather in the morning. Mom might get a call telling her to hop up to Georgia for a few days. My sister lives in Houston, mom in Florida, I wonder what the good Lord has in store for us Minnesota folks this winter?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pug, Bring your Lady and the dogs up! I will take you fishing, the dogs can play with our pug & Lab and the wives can do what wives do! wink
    Seriously, I will be watching and keeping you in my thoughts!

Just what I was going to say old boy! Bed’s, internet connection and anything else you need right here. waytogo

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Prayers sent your way Pugs. Stay safe now and get the heck out of Dodge if you need to. wave

riverruns
    Inactive

I’ll take a look at the weather in the morning. Mom might get a call telling her to hop up to Georgia for a few days. My sister lives in Houston, mom in Florida, I wonder what the good Lord has in store for us Minnesota folks this winter?

Packers winning the Superbowl! Sorry.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Models pushing it back to the east this morning.

Watching a hurricane would be the equivalent of your weathermen predicting snowmageddon 10 days out.

Saw video of it hitting St Martin and those sustained winds were unreal.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Stay safe pug, don’t hesitate to bolt!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

September 6, 2017 at 8:04 am#1713815
    Stay safe pug, don’t hesitate to bolt!

X2! Don’t wait too long, Pug. The freaking weathermen only get the forecast right the morning after. If Deadeye Dave Dahl was forecasting the weather for last week, he still wouldn’t get it right.

They won’t know squat for sure until it’s too late, that’s the way it always goes. Only thing that matters is what you think, if it’s too close for your comfort than batten down the hatches and run for it.

Grouse

Rick Z
    Stark MN

Pug

Don’t your rents still reside here in the Columbia Heights area?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If Deadeye Dave Dahl was forecasting the weather for last week, he still wouldn’t get it right.

I lol’d

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pug

Don’t your rents still reside here in the Columbia Heights area?

Everyone moved out of that area except Dan who now lives in the same area you and Ziegler grew up.

I’m just going to say it again, these things are more exhausting than anything else. We still have 4 days until we even see the start here. I couldn’t imagine living on a coast.

The water here is gone along with all the non perishable canned goods. There are lines at the gas stations. If like me, you don’t handle crowds and chaos well, it’s no fun.

This Saturday and Sunday we’ll be packing and securing the outdoor stuff and then more waiting.

On the plus side, Michelle schedules vacation after labor day every year. We brought the dogs to a dog beach yesterday and today we spent the day at Canaveral National Seashore. We had the beach to ourselves. I actually caught a dozen mullet in a cast net and caught a redfish.

Attachments:
    1. received_10155783047949515.jpeg

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Heard a forecast this afternoon and the sustained winds were at 185 mph with unbelievable gusts up too 220 mph from the U.S. hurricane spotters plane, what the heck are people who can’t leave or get stuck going to do. The weather man said this is a wind hurricane unlike the rain hurricane that hit Texas and Lousiana, hope for the best.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My mom hit the road at 10 this morning. She is west of Daytona. Glad she went. Somehow i couldn’t invison a 85 year old climbing up on her roof if it survived the wind.

Pug time to pack. You are married now and time to do the right thing instead of the macho thing.

Stay safe.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.