Carry/Conceal or home defense pistol

• ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

I have a Springfield XD9 service model in bi-tone for home defense, but it is a little big for carrying. I saw this new Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 with integrated laser and looks pretty sweet. Cannot wait to get one. I really don’t plan on carrying, but if I ever have a reason to it will be nice to have.
    check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plrIr7oHrJo

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Both look sweet Have you done any pricing on these yet?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I would have to see it in person. Looks to have a lot of levers on it. Ruger LCP may be simpler.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Looks nice!!! I’m interested in a price as well.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

I would have to see it in person. Looks to have a lot of levers on it. Ruger LCP may be simpler.

Does the ruger have the laser? Do you think the laser helps I have never shot a handgun with the laser. I used to have one on my bow and liked it for target shooting

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Just noticed the Ruger add on The site That looks like a sweet gun looks much cleaner than my Taurus 45 acp

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Bob/John,
    I went to Gander Mountain in Eden Prairie and they are selling them for $375. Still going to look around to see if I get get a better deal.

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Bob,
    The Ruger LCP can be purchased with a Crimson Trace Laser, but is priced a lot higher at $548 MSRP. It also is only Blued alloy steel versus the SW which is stainless steel with a melonite coating.
    http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Ive seen that S&W for $320 at a gun show and I know cabelas had a sale on the lcp for around $470 with the CT. You can get the ruger with or without the lazer. The S&W only comes with the laser. Ive never shot a handgun with a lazer but I would think that it would have to have an intimidation factor that could help deescalate a situation without a person haveing to pull the trigger. I also thought the LC9 with the same style CT lazer looked like a nice little package.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ben,

Cabelas had that pistol on sale for $349.00 a month or so ago. I went in to get one, they were sold out. I asked if they could get one from another store. His reply, “No, all of Cabelas sold out of them. We sold hundreds of this pistols.”

I can’t wait to get my hands on one to try it out. I’ll have to check out Gander in Maple Grove.

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Kooty,
    I went to Cabelas in Rodgers this weekend and to the Gander Mountain in Eden Prairie and both of them were sold out fo the Smith and Wesson. Both said they had more on order, but do not know when they will come in.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.