what a trap!

• aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

hey guys its been awhile since ive been on here. with work and all. but today i was talking to one of my teachers and i guess they traped a 50lb beaver where ever they trap at. i still have yet to see the picture, but if i do ill try to scan it on here and show you guys. im just guessing but thats a huge beaver!
    -Aaron

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That is a big critter for sure.

My biggest is 65lbs. I’ll see if I can dig up the pics. My Dad had one that was absolutely huge. If I remember correctly, it was over 80lbs. I know he’s got pics of that beast. He had to take it to the local fish market to find a scale big enough to get an accurate weight.

One thing is for sure, when you trap, you never know what you’ll get.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That is a big critter for sure.

My biggest is 65lbs. I’ll see if I can dig up the pics. My Dad had one that was absolutely huge. If I remember correctly, it was over 80lbs. I know he’s got pics of that beast. He had to take it to the local fish market to find a scale big enough to get an accurate weight.

One thing is for sure, when you trap, you never know what you’ll get.

timmy

50lbs is a nice animal! I have trapped a pile of them and they seem to average 25-27lbs day after day. Personal best is 65. However, I was tagging along on a trapline of a friend when he took a 76# bruiser!! NExt day, he calls me up – 75# beav in the same trap!! In 60 years of trapping, those were his two biggest ever – back to back.

Tim

timmy

50lbs is a nice animal! I have trapped a pile of them and they seem to average 25-27lbs day after day. Personal best is 65. However, I was tagging along on a trapline of a friend when he took a 76# bruiser!! NExt day, he calls me up – 75# beav in the same trap!! In 60 years of trapping, those were his two biggest ever – back to back.

Tim

schweg2
    Centuria,WI

2 years ago I caught a 67 and a 65# beaver, which was great until I had to carry them 1/2 mi to the truck. Now I got smart and got a wheeler.

schweg2
    Centuria,WI

2 years ago I caught a 67 and a 65# beaver, which was great until I had to carry them 1/2 mi to the truck. Now I got smart and got a wheeler.

timmy

Quote:

Haha! That makes me laugh – because I have discovered that a 40# beaver at the trap wieghs about 40 pound, but somehow they seem to gain about 20 pounds every hundred yards. . A 50 pounder that you have to lug a ways to the truck turns absolutley huge!! I have hauled a couple that I am sure weighed right around 1200 lbs once I flopped them on the tailgate .

Tim

timmy

Quote:

Haha! That makes me laugh – because I have discovered that a 40# beaver at the trap wieghs about 40 pound, but somehow they seem to gain about 20 pounds every hundred yards. . A 50 pounder that you have to lug a ways to the truck turns absolutley huge!! I have hauled a couple that I am sure weighed right around 1200 lbs once I flopped them on the tailgate .

Tim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.