Dog Killed

• prieser
    Byron, MN

I was down to Magnum Sports in Chatfield on Sunday morning. Jeff was telling me that one of the local horse farmers Border Collie was arrowed and killed on Saturday night. He said that the rancher is offering a very good reward for any information to who ever shot his dog. If you do have any info, please call Jeff @ Magnum Sports (507)867-4399 he will get you the info you need.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Sorry to hear about this what a shame just puts a bad light on all hunters, and guys wonder why we keep losing more hunting land every year. I hope they catch this joker and at the very least his hunting privileges should be taken away for life.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Sorry to hear about this what a shame just puts a bad light on all hunters, and guys wonder why we keep losing more hunting land every year. I hope they catch this joker and at the very least his hunting privileges should be taken away for life.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Probably one of those idiots that mistaked it for a deer? Probably one of those guys that shoot bambi deer cause thats all they can shoot.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Probably one of those idiots that mistaked it for a deer? Probably one of those guys that shoot bambi deer cause thats all they can shoot.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I went to a farmers house one day pre season to ask if i could hunt his creek bottom for deer. He said he used to let guys hunt to thin the deer out but quit when he found his riding horse Dead from an arrow that was in a pasture that was by the timber. Its best to plan for the arrow exiting the deer too.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I went to a farmers house one day pre season to ask if i could hunt his creek bottom for deer. He said he used to let guys hunt to thin the deer out but quit when he found his riding horse Dead from an arrow that was in a pasture that was by the timber. Its best to plan for the arrow exiting the deer too.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Maybe the dog was chasing deer????

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Maybe the dog was chasing deer????

birddog
    Mn.

That’s the first thought that popped into my mind. It’s a bummer that the guy lost his dog but, we don’t know the whole story. Did it get shot in his yard?? Was it out roaming the woods/chasing deer?? Either way it sucks.

BIRDDOG

birddog
    Mn.

That’s the first thought that popped into my mind. It’s a bummer that the guy lost his dog but, we don’t know the whole story. Did it get shot in his yard?? Was it out roaming the woods/chasing deer?? Either way it sucks.

BIRDDOG

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

if he is a rancher he probably has a pretty good chunk of land,that will now never allow hunting, either way we all lose on this one…..

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

if he is a rancher he probably has a pretty good chunk of land,that will now never allow hunting, either way we all lose on this one…..

Jira

I don’t know that I can think of a scenario where I would shoot a dog bow hunting. If the dog is chasing the deer, the deer is obviously running and I’m not taking a trick-shot with my bow at the running deer…. further, when hunting from a tree the arrow will hit the ground no more than a few yards past the deer. If you can’t tell there is a dog standing behind the deer you must have your eyes closed?

What’s the deal with these people?

My guess is that it was malicious by some idiot. Maybe it chased off some deer… maybe the guy’s chest was pounding as he heard something come in and it was a dog… who the heck knows… seems awfully tragic and stoooopid in any case.

(Then people ask me why I don’t rifle hunt. Sheesh!)

Jira

I don’t know that I can think of a scenario where I would shoot a dog bow hunting. If the dog is chasing the deer, the deer is obviously running and I’m not taking a trick-shot with my bow at the running deer…. further, when hunting from a tree the arrow will hit the ground no more than a few yards past the deer. If you can’t tell there is a dog standing behind the deer you must have your eyes closed?

What’s the deal with these people?

My guess is that it was malicious by some idiot. Maybe it chased off some deer… maybe the guy’s chest was pounding as he heard something come in and it was a dog… who the heck knows… seems awfully tragic and stoooopid in any case.

(Then people ask me why I don’t rifle hunt. Sheesh!)

prieser
    Byron, MN

As far as I know the dog ended up dying in the yard of the guys property. So who ever shot it definitly did not have permission to be there. The rancher and his family members ran into the woods to find the SOB but came up empty handed. Again any info call Jeff and he will give you a number to call.

prieser
    Byron, MN

As far as I know the dog ended up dying in the yard of the guys property. So who ever shot it definitly did not have permission to be there. The rancher and his family members ran into the woods to find the SOB but came up empty handed. Again any info call Jeff and he will give you a number to call.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah its sad, the only instance I would kill a dog, if it is doing harm to someone or if it is one of my own and is sick or or injured.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah its sad, the only instance I would kill a dog, if it is doing harm to someone or if it is one of my own and is sick or or injured.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I had two farmdogs chase a buck out in front of me this past friday afternoon. While I was upset, I wasn’t about to put an arrow through them. Had it been a ferrel cat, that might have been different..

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I had two farmdogs chase a buck out in front of me this past friday afternoon. While I was upset, I wasn’t about to put an arrow through them. Had it been a ferrel cat, that might have been different..

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah Slop, if I loose a nice buck because of a damn cat, that would be a differnt story

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah Slop, if I loose a nice buck because of a damn cat, that would be a differnt story

prieser
    Byron, MN

Any more news on opening up a cat season???? Talk about a waiting line for tags. I am sure they would run out of paper that day.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Any more news on opening up a cat season???? Talk about a waiting line for tags. I am sure they would run out of paper that day.

chippee
    sw wi

whether it was chasing deer or not it doesnt matter morally or legally. in wi i believe only a warden can shoot a dog if it is chasing deer. on the morality side what an idiot!

chippee
    sw wi

whether it was chasing deer or not it doesnt matter morally or legally. in wi i believe only a warden can shoot a dog if it is chasing deer. on the morality side what an idiot!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hate to stir the pot here, but I’m gonna anyways………

We don’t know the whole story, but I will state there is no room in the wild for a dog to run. If a dog is running loose in the woods, it is up to “no-good”.

Also, if your dog leaves your property and you do not have control over it, and it is wreaking havoc…….you get what you deserve for not minding your animals.

I’m a huge dog lover, but I have no patience for “bad” dogs, that either run or create havoc on other peoples property.

Maybe put yourself in the hunters shoes………maybe the scenario was the dog was barking at him and threatened the hunter???

On land that I used to bowhunt on, the owners dog would go nuts and get nasty mean whenever he saw me dressed in full camo. To the point where the dog was going to attack. The owner had to lock him up when I hunted the land.
    When I was in “street” clothes, the dog loved me…….

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hate to stir the pot here, but I’m gonna anyways………

We don’t know the whole story, but I will state there is no room in the wild for a dog to run. If a dog is running loose in the woods, it is up to “no-good”.

Also, if your dog leaves your property and you do not have control over it, and it is wreaking havoc…….you get what you deserve for not minding your animals.

I’m a huge dog lover, but I have no patience for “bad” dogs, that either run or create havoc on other peoples property.

Maybe put yourself in the hunters shoes………maybe the scenario was the dog was barking at him and threatened the hunter???

On land that I used to bowhunt on, the owners dog would go nuts and get nasty mean whenever he saw me dressed in full camo. To the point where the dog was going to attack. The owner had to lock him up when I hunted the land.
    When I was in “street” clothes, the dog loved me…….

chippee
    sw wi

my pot is stirred. it sounds as if the owners dog was shot on his own property. that being the case his dog has every right to roam his entire land, thats why people in the country have dogs, for the freedom and not being tied to a stake all day. the dog is the owners property and needs to be respected just like the rest of his property. if a farmers cow began coming at you to protect her calf would you shoot it. if there is a problem with an aggresive dog on the property you need to ask the owner if he will restrain it when you hunt, if not you need to find another place to hunt. hunting on someone elses land is a priviledge not a right.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.