Ground Blind Suggestions. Pros & Cons

• gobbler
    Central, MN

Well, my Doghouse blind by Ameristep finally took it’s last step. I’ve had it for 8 years and it’s been set up for about 4 years out in the woods somewhere. The thing is faded and really beat up. This last stint, I left it out since May and just picked it up last week and found it finally had a hole in the roof. I’m looking for a new one and wanted input from others before purchasing a new one.
    thanks in advance

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Get something you can stand up in!!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Todders has a primos clubhouse xl that I thought looked good so I went and bought one last weekend I took it down for todders but I sat in it 1st I really liked it for the 5 minutes that i was in it

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I bought the shappell treehouse 360 and couldn’t be more pleased. Super light weight, roomy. Everything I expected and more. All the inner mesh blinds are easy to use and the vented roof ia perfect on warm days.

devel

I’ve went with the cheapo Ameristep blinds in the past and you get what you pay for, that’s for certain. I just picked up the Primos Vision Predator and so far very happy with it. No broken poles or hubs, and the material seems to be holding up very well. 360 shooting windows with mesh. Now only if Otter Outdoors made a blind like their new fish houses!

devel

Check out Rogers Sporting Goods, holy cheap and they don’t bend you over for shipping either. Kruger Farms is definitely a place to look also, I believe anything over $50 ships for free.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I bought the primos dark horse last year and I love the thing. Quick easy quiet set up, great viewing and a nice duffle bag to with shoulder straps to transport in and out of the woods..

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I have gone through several blinds in a few years. My current favorite is the primos lucky bull. primo quality and I really like the configuration of the windows.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.