Camera suggestions??

• bobbergeson

Im looking to update my video camera and was looking for suggestions. I would like a camera thats reliable, easy to use, and semi inexpensive. Im also looking for feedback on the Go-Pro line of cameras as I would like to have a camera mounted on my bow as well.
    Any info would be appreciated!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Not to stir you away from the brighter side of IDO, but there has been a lot of good discussion about cameras on the fishing side
    IDO fishing camera post Then Jon has a couple links to more discussions! For me, I’ve made my mind up on a cannon and a gopro!

gobbler
    Central, MN

I’m no expert but, I do know a couple things. Get the best “Optical Zoom” you can buy, 10x Optical just doesn’t cut it, you want at least 16x, if not 20x (believe me) and Digital Zoom is a joke (unless you don’t care about pixated and blurry video?). Make sure the camera has a hook up for a wireless mic as well. I made that $1200 mistake and now I’m paying for it. Any type of wind and the sound sucks. Please tell us what you find?? Good luck!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

James has some good info on the wireless mics in the link I posted

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

running a sony hd handycam currently……semi cheap and some great footage that has been easy to work with the past year…..its in the vehicle for the fishing trip tomm……feel free to pm for more specs on it……i know i havent shared any footage from the the fall cuz i dont want it to get on the net quit yet…..but some imo is amazing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.