Guide Gear Hang-on Stands

• webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Anyone here ever used Guide Gear hang-on treestands before from Sportsman Guide before? There are some pretty good sales on them right now and I am in the market for roughly 20 stands. Because of this qty I would like to keep the cost down on a per stand basis and need something simple, sturdy, but also functional and quiet (meaning a seat that will flip up, stay up, etc etc.) I currently own 12-15 spendier stands so this is a new venture and looking for some IDO feedback.

Thanks in advance.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I bought some cheap Big Game stands a few years back in this size. They are really small once you get up in them. Tough to turn safely etc… We ended up adding 4 inches to the end of each stand.

That’s a great price, but there is a reason for it. These won’t be stands you’ll spend all day in. Good luck!

FYI: I’ve found watching Dick’s Sporting Goods this time of year for the best deals on clearance stands.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I bought 10 guide gear tree stands (24″ x 29.5″) from Sportsmans Guide last year for the same reasons. For the most part I’m happy with them. A decent stand for the money. I added some ratchet straps to them so they are more secure. The 18 x 25.5″ platform is too small for my liking.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I have bought quite a few of the larger guide gear stands with the armrests and the (floating or strap on) seat. They work well when hung well, meaning the two v’s that touch the tree need to be centered and tight (this can kick your at times on certain trees! If they are not both good the stand will flex and squeak when you shift your weight. When it is right they are mostly quiet until it gets cold which you can fix by (thanks Brad ) placing a towel on the platform. Very good product for the money but if I were to have only one stand it would be a nicer one. You can also pick them up from the warehouse, these will not ship for free or 5$ during their deal .

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Wy to noisy for late season hunting. but good for early season. we are replacing our cheap stands with stands that tend to be much quieter during the late season

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Thanks for the info, I signed up for 3 of the 24×29.5 to try them out first. I definitely know the “get what you pay for game” as I have a small spending problem when it comes to hunting and fishing and I only buy the best, thus my extreme confusion here! But, my party and I have upwards of 60+ stands in the woods already and now we have to furnish another 800 acres so we are talking some extreme cash for 20+ more stands, 30 more acres of food plots, you get the picture. But, all in all the lack of sleep the last month in preparation has been well worth it!

Thanks for the advice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.