Humminbird helix 9 vs garmin 93 sv

• johnlundboat

I’m in the market for a new graph and I’m looking at the humminbird helix 9 mega si+ g4n or the garmin 93 sv. I want this to be a do all graph and possibly add live imaging mega live or livescope plus. I’ve heard most people think garmin has the better live imaging but that humminbird has better side imaging and down imaging. Any thoughts, comments?

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Both are great….. I have G4N Birds in my boat…. been in boats with latest Garmins…. Livescope is currently better…. i don’t see much difference in SI….. IMO you can’t go wrong.

Nodakk

I have both and would say you hit the nail on the head for their strengths and weaknesses. Other than I would also had Helix will have better mapping with Lakemaster. Question is what is more important to you. I absolutely hate my Garmin side imaging but also have the old 54 transducer

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have both and would say you hit the nail on the head for their strengths and weaknesses. Other than I would also had Helix will have better mapping with Lakemaster. Question is what is more important to you. I absolutely hate my Garmin side imaging but also have the old 54 transducer

And if you have a I-Pilot Link trolling motor, I really like my Helix 12s Gen 3s, if you think you will go with Mega Live down the road a 10 or larger is better. My 12s versus my nephews 15 Helix is a huge difference when looking at Mega 360 or Mega Live, so much so I may sell my two 12s and get one 15 for the bow.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I don’t think you can go wrong with either. If the most accurate lake maps and possibly linking to a Minnkota trolling motor are high on your list, go with HB & Lakemaster. Having been around both live systems (Livescope and Mega Live), I do think HB is closing the gap with the latest update. But, I will give LS an edge on distance and lure tracking. I run live on a Helix 9. A larger screen would always be better, but the 9 gets the job done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.