How's the ice on the surrounding lakes?

• Smackem33

Just wondering ice thickness average on the surrounding lakes and snow depth? Then i can have a game plan of what to bring thanks

CaptainMusky

I dont have a lot of info, but a buddy was just on Woman lake and said there was about 2 to 4 inches of snow, then 8 to 10 inches of frozen snow/slush, then 8 to 9 inches of clear ice with a couple inches of water on top.
    I dont think you are going to be getting around in a truck anywhere off of a plowed road and I dont think there are many plowed roads because this area received so much snow shortly after only having a few inches of ice. He said he didnt break through the top frozen layer, but he has a longtrack widetrack snowmobile.
    There is a potential for a bunch more snow coming the end of this week too.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

Some stuff is kind of sketchy with all that slush and snow, but since we’ve got all this nice cold weather most of that is freezing up. I’ve heard it’s been tough for vehicles since they keep breaking through the slush, but you should be fine if you go by foot.

Smackem33

Dang what a mess guess ill just hit mille again this weekend thanks guys👍

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Not exactly real close but I did see a few trucks out on Big Sandy north of McGregor while passing thru on Sat (01/11). Looked like a lot of the main lake had been wind swept. Did a little snowshoeing in that area as well and found knee deep snow.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There’s lakes with good ice in the Park Rapids area, but they also have a ton of snow so unless you have a sled it’d be tough going.

fishunfewl

Just took a run on the sled around Woman. About a foot of snow on 15-16″ of ice. No slush very little signs of activity on the part I was on.

Joe W

Heading up to Woman tomorrow. Hopefully get out a couple times. Will report back if I remember.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.