How to clean……??

• Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

The back windows of my truck between the topper and the cab,both slide open but there is no room to clean them from the outside…and very little room from the inside if the sliders are open…..
    Any suggestions??

CaptainMusky

I would try that windex product that you can spray on and it dries streak free. IDK how else you would get in there. This is why most toppers have the option of a tilt in front window now so you can clean them.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Take the topper off, or at least move it back 6″…

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

One of those funny dust things on a stick. I don’t know what they are called but my wife has many of them and they are thin, small, and 4’ handle. At lease it would get the dust off.

kamu

Take a good sized sponge, put a towel around it and tie both ends with a thin rope. Wet the towel/sponge with your favorite cleaner, have someone on the other side of the truck and just work it back and forth….rinse if you need to and dry if you need to….This is assuming you have some space between the top and your truck window.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

lot of work, and I haven’t yet tried it, but I saw a segment on some outdoor show where they took the front window out from inside the bed byremoving the screws (without damaging so you can reinstall.) Then clean both and rain x to help them clean off on their own for longer and re install the window. Not sure if it works on all toppers and can’t recall what brand the one was they demonstrated with.

I thought about trying it on mine this spring but ran out of time the day I planned to do it and haven’t bothered to try since. I would think you wouldn’t want to be doing that method too often for fear of stripping out the screw holes.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Take the topper off, or at least move it back 6″…

Too damn old and apathetic for that much work grin

Wet the towel/sponge with your favorite cleaner, have someone on the other side of the truck and just work it back and forth…

That’s the thing….on mine the gap is only 1/8″ on the sides…. frown
    I’ll just wash the sliders and say to he** with the rest….I’m not that picky wink
    Thanks guys waytogo

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Too damn old and apathetic for that much work

Lol that I can understand, in which case the answer is always horsepower. In this case a pressure washer will do the trick applause

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The wifes,”Swiffer Sweeps” rod dohickey thing,they make em for widows,slides right between.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.