houseboat fishing

• john zat

My wife and I are going to be on Rainy Lake next week and have a houseboat. She wants to fish off the back of the boat. So my question is where would be a good location to do that? and what bait should she use. Any help would be appreciated. Were both really looking forward to this trip.

404 ERROR
    MN

Can’t get much easier than bottom bouncers with crawlers or leeches while you toot along about 2mph. Or if you will be stationary, grab a couple bright jigs and hook a leech on and let er’ rip! Get yourself the Navionics app on your phone and pre-download the map for the lake. Look for some rock piles or humps and fish away!

A houseboat on Rainy is a blast, I would love to do it again someday, its been about 8 years.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I assume you mean while parked. In that case, I’d set a bobber w/ a leech 6″-1′ off the bottom, or if your HB site has weeds off the back I’d set it about middle of the water column. Lighted bobber at night too.

john zat

Thanks for your responses, I appreciate your postings. I should of been more specific with location. I was hoping someone would know a houseboat parking spot that would have a better chance of fish roaming thru day or night. We do plan on drifting over a few reefs if the weather permits.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.