10/6 Fishing Report

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Everything seems to be eating on the SRCL right now. I caught several nice Smallies over the weekend and also got a few nice Walleyes too..(Everything was released) Shad & Rattle traps were the baits of choice with Firetiger and chartreuse/black the prefered colors. Fast presentation seemed to get the most bites for bass, Walleyes bit on both fast & slow retrieves. The weather was really warm for October, so expect things to calm a little down with the upcomming cooldown.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Another phenomenal fishing weekend on the chain! Caught numerous large Smallies and several Walleyes (2 over 25 inches) Ceder Island gave up the larger Walleyes and Horseshoe continues to be hot for Smallies…

ERICPAULSON
    MN

I was also out over the past week. Cought #’s of walleyes but did worse each day out. Largest for me was a 21″. Kept a few in the 14-16″ range for the pan. No smallies for me although I was concentrating on walleyes. On a side note I tried Grand for walleyes on Saturday a.m. with no luck just a bunch of snake northerns. Jigs and minnows were the ticket for me in 8-30 fow depending on conditions and locations.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I caught everything on rattle-traps in 5-10 ft

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.