Absolute Worst Catch of the Year!!!!

• riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

This morning I decided instead of going fishing that I would go to the Cedar Island and Horseshoe accesses and pick-up the litter. My daughter and I picked up 2 garbage bags full of bottles, cans, cigarette packages, ect.

What was disturbing was at the Horseshoe access is someone is dumping their cat litter boxes and burnt garbage. God only knows what they are throwing in the lakes and rivers.

I am not wanting thank yous or pats on the back for picking this stuff up. I would just like to police ourselves it doesn’t take much time to write down a licence plate # and call the authorities.

Whats worse is the bridge areas on the chain need cleaning too. I just don’t have room in my garbage can to clean that area right now.

On a good note we saw many differnt types of ducks using the Chain. Widgeons, buffleheads, ringbills, mallards, common merganzers, wood ducks, bluebills and many geese.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I’ll give you a pat on the back anyway. It’s unfortunate we have to clean up after slobs with no respect for our natural resources.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks Eric,
    Jack..

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Any one fishin at chippermans culvert???? should be about time for the panfish to move in…Man I use to love shore fishing there as a kid!!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

The fish are biting in most of the bays now. Tschumperin’s was putting out some nice bluegill last week but seemed slower this week for some reason.

Thanks for your cleanup efforts

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thanks for the cleanup! I hate people who have no respect for anything! If I ever see someone do that, trust me they’ll get an earful from me!

I’ll probably be fishing in the Ceder Island shallow bay next to Highway 71 this weekend after i’m done scouting out my opener Walleye spots

big_g
    Isle, MN

Rumor has it, the crappies are in Long Lake dredge on the etreme south end, by the trailers….

big g

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.