Chain Panfish

• riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

The hardest part of the day was getting the A.T.V. on the ice. The ice around the acceses and the shorline is really getting tough; I had to lift the 4-wheeler onto the ice. Once on the ice it’s easy to get around yet. My day started around 9 and was off to a fast start with 9 inch crappies keeping me busy.

I love ice fishing the late season with all the wildlife around there were geese and herons walking on the ice. A mink cruised the shoreline looking for a treat. As well as a couple of eagles gliding above.

As the hours ticked by many bass, walleyes, and a few huge crappies were caught and carefully released. While picking off the occasinal bluegill and keeper crappie. There seemed to be no preference for color but the Genz pounder did most of the catching.

All in all I put in 8 hours in fishing and brought home 10 crappies and 10 gills’. Now it’s time to take the pheasants out of the crok-pot and have a cock-tail and give thanks to the creator.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Now thats what its all about. Look at that smile. Worth its weight in gold.
    Thanks, Bill

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Nice report!

Thanks for sharing.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Looks like you had a great time…I cant wait to hit those chain bass….thanks for the report…there are not too many from this area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.