Chain Update

• riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

Yesterday I went out at about 1:00 p.m. I started looking for walleye structure. I worked around Horseshoe Marked a few fish on the bottom near the basin in the mud. Quickly found out they were rock bass. Noticed a few anglers near the meth hole chasing cats I would guess. I carried a gallon jug full of water to shoot through the ice. Which still works if you scrape away the snow and find smooth ice. It’s nice being able to move around in a warm truck. Went to Cedar Island and looked at sturckture that didn’t have any houses around. Didn’t mark many fish. Went to my early ice stand by and started marking fish in 17 feet of water. I thought that I was going to end up on a break near the basin but I drilled it out where I was marking them and was quickly rewarded with a dink. Set up my house and didn’t mark a fish till prime time. I was using a set line with a glow hook and a bigger rosie red. And a jigging rod which I used raps, rattlin’ spoons, pimples, and glow jig heads. Ended the day with the dink and few rock bass and a lot of water elimintated.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Was out on Browns last weekend, thinking about hitting it again. Looked like around 5:00 pm, the crowd was coming out.

big g

riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

As cold as it has been I am surprised by the amount of traffic. And it never fails; I am the only fish house in the area and the biggest disel 1 ton has to drive with in 10 yards when it prime time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.