Walleye Wackn’ on the Chain

• riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

This morning was the perfect morning to back troll with a shinner tipped jig on the deep breaks on the chain. After dropping the kids at daycare and getting bite to eat. I was off. Right away I was excited to see that the water temp. had finally made to 46 degrees. At my first spot I found several pods of what I thought were walleyes and in a couple minutes it was confirmed with a dink 10 incher. Those pods were in 14 f.o.w. until the sun finally poked through the clouds and pushed them down to the 22 foot mark but they remained active until noon. They seemed to prefer a bright green jig and shinner over a gold jig head. I have no pics but I kept 4 in the 14-16 inch range and let 4 more go in the 10-13 inch range.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the report Eric I haven’t put the boat away yet either. I am hoping to get out for an evening of trolling or two yet.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve been out the past few weekends (damn has it been cold) caught several fish but finally brought the boat to Richmond marine this past weekend. See ya next spring!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Any cats going on up there yet Eric???

I love the perty red lines they make on my MarCum!

riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

There are some mixed in with the walleyes. My buddy got his biggest channel cat yet. Which was around 5 pounds. Also saw some on the fish finder suspended in their winter locations. We need some cold weather. I haven’t made it out since deer hunting. This is the last time I put the boat away before December.
    I’ll be posting when I get out their on the ice….

riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

My boy reeled in his first walleye…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.