Helix updates question.

• Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Can I just go straight to the latest update and it will include the updates from previous updates or do you need to do them all in order from oldest to newest. I read someone said you must do the previous ones first, that would be a pain in the neck. Thanks

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Usually do not have to do prior updates it will be specified if prior update is needed.

On the other hand I never do an update unless it is something I have to have to make a new add on work. My original Helix 12 Gen 1 one has never been updated and it runs flawless, same with both of my Helix 12`s Gen 3 never touch an update as long as they work the way I expect without issues.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Usually do not have to do prior updates it will be specified if prior update is needed.

On the other hand I never do an update unless it is something I have to have to make a new add on work. My original Helix 12 Gen 1 one has never been updated and it runs flawless, same with both of my Helix 12`s Gen 3 never touch an update as long as they work the way I expect without issues.

Right, I agree but the update is needed to fix an issue with shallow water depth readings being doubled. It’s not an issue if I know it but when auto charting it really messes up the maps.

Tristan Reding

The update 2.28 needs a base map update also otherwise the unit looses all base map possibly. So if doing the newest 2.66 then should do the 2.28 update to get the new base maps before installing the current update

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Just looked at the updates site. It will warn you if you need to do a former update first. It will provide a link. Just follow the instructions for your unit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.