Helix install questions

• Go Spuds

Morning-
    couple quick(dumb) questions–planning on installing by new HB Helix and was wondering where a person might buy the fuse, additional power wire, battery connectors etc. I live in the fargo/moorhead area so hoping 1 stop will do, Scheels, Runnings, Fleet

Second–my boat came with a lowrance hds that id like to keep in the boat–can I just simply add the HB to the starter battery and call it good or is there something else i should be doing.

thanks

Karry Kyllo

Fleet Farm should have everything you need. Going directly to the starting battery should work just fine for you.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Got my power wire from fleet farm (highly recommend the dual wire (red and black in the same wire, makes running it through the boat way easier). Fuses I had to get from an O’Reilly Auto store because fleet farm was out of the marine inline fuses.

I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to run both units simultaneously. Just make sure you get 14 or 12 gauge power wire to make sure you get enough voltage running through to each unit. I just ran into that problem this last week. Upped my wire gauge and now it’s all working properly.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I hate inline fuses. I installed a separate fuse block near my battery and run my accessories to individual fuses in the fuse block. This also helps keep the bird nest of wires of your terminals. Were you planning on running your Lowrance at the same time as the helix? You will likely experience interference between the 2 transducers.

Loren I Duerr

Most recommend powering locators to install a switch or after the master switch as locators with gps will draw current even when off. and drain your battery between fishing trips.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Most recommend powering locators to install a switch or after the master switch as locators with gps will draw current even when off. and drain your battery between fishing trips.

This is the simple switch that I installed between my battery and the accessory fuse block.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.