HDS 7 Gen 2 problem

• bullcans
    Northfield MN

1st time out for the season this past weekend and I don’t have depth reading or speed reading when the sonar is selected with full screen. The screen works and shows bottom, fish, etc but no digital depth or speed readings

When I use split screen with sonar and chart I get the depth and speed reading

Is there something wrong with the unit? Anything I can try?

I didn’t have any problems last year before I stored it away for the Winter in a heated garage

mattgroff

I am having a slight issue with my gen 2 8inch. It’s not showing speed or my track on the water or my position on gps. I Think I have to mess with some settings or something is turned off.i have never had a graph like this model so it’s all a little new to me. Any help is much appreciated.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Matt
    Your issues sound like all GPS related
    Maybe start with your owners manual and GPS troubleshooting info

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I would just Edit Overlay when in full screen sonar mode just to check settings and see if they look right. Though I thought if it worked in one page, it would also work in the other page.

John S.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

I believe that each screen needs its own set up,I’m sure of that! go to data overlay for each screen and set it up then you should be good to go.example split gps and sonar is a set up gps and ss is a new page set up

Stan wave

bullcans
    Northfield MN

OK i’ll give that a try
    Makes sense

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Other then redoing your data overlays, one thing I have seen is in the advanced settings is you need to reselect THIS DEVICE for sonar.

TripleA
    Blaine

each screen needs its own setup. I bet your full screen isn’t setup. edit overlay.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.