Humminbird Side Imaging and walleye presentation

• jhalfen

If you’ve kept up with my Humminbird Side Imaging instructional pieces, then you know that Side Imaging fishing systems are powerful pieces of technology for locating both structure and fish. One of the questions that I receive quite often is, “does Side Imaging really help you catch more fish?” This article is an example of how I use Side Imaging to not only find walleye, but also help me decide how to fish for them. By using Humminbird Side Imaging to solve the walleye presentation puzzle, I can stay on top of the fish and keep them coming to the net under a variety of environmental conditions.

Solving the walleye presentation puzzle with Humminbird Side Imaging

whittsend

Excellent article, Jason. Congrats on an AWESOME day of fishing!

Mike

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

Jason, Enjoying your education you’re providing. (keep em comming) Made it out this past week to evaluate the updates on my 997c si…… VERY NICE !!! I used the Advanced auto pilot on my New Terrova I-pilot to look at a line of cribs with side imaging.
    Sure looks to me to work even better.

bthess
    Manly, IA

Very well put Jason! I was amazed at how well you were able to mark the fish up and down the cut and identify the schools as they moved around with the weather conditions.

jhalfen

Thanks Ben, and congrats on your victory Sunday! I knew there were some bigguns in that area…..I broke two of them off!

jeffkosek

Jason- good stuff. I’m considering a SI unit and wondering which model you have? I would imagine the 1197? Any suggestions where I can see some snapshots of fish with the 798? I’m considering purchasing the 798 but also concerned about losing image quality.

jhalfen

All of my recent work is done with an 1197. I ran that unit and a 997 last season.

whittsend

Trout18 I believe has the 798…. I think he has just started getting out this year and getting some images. Maybe send him a pm and see if he has any images he can share??? I know he fishes a league, so maybe he’ll get some good shots soon, if he doesn’t have any yet…

Mike

tonyholland00
    Plymouth MN

Thanks for the article, we ended up 5th with 1 over fish. Had a couple amost touch 22 but not quite. Funny how some spots really held nice fish and others lots and lots of 11 inchers.

jhalfen

Congrats on the nice finish!

That lake is full of 17.1-21.9″ heartbreakers! Just a touch too big or a touch too small to make it into the tournament limit.

Here are a couple more pics from the past couple of weeks of prefishing and competing down there.

bthess
    Manly, IA

Thanks Jason it was a blast! Do you have any examples of hummingbird showing fish hugging bottom on 2d sonar or down imaging. I mean fish that are laying on bottom. Just curious as I’m trying to dial my unit in to show that better.

jhalfen

I sure do. These are from the past weekend also.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.