Side Imaging not working

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I purchased a 997 in September and have yet to see the side imaging work. I brought it back to the dealership that installed it and both times they said they fixed it. When I go to that screen it stays blank and doesn’t have any image scrolling across the screen. Anyway, are there any easy checks I can do to see if its problems with the unit, settings, or the transducer?

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Mine quit working this summer as well. Was on one minute all of a sudden bam. Hasnt worked since! I will take any advise as well.

jhalfen

#1: Call Humminbird Customer Service. They’re open right now:

Toll-free: 1-800-633-1468

You’ll talk to a real person. They are helpful and ready to assist.

#2: If you have a buddy with a Side Imaging unit (997, 1197, or even a 797/798), swap your head unit into their boat to see if it works normally (if so, your head unit works and you must have a transducer or wiring issue in your boat) or take their working head unit and swap it into your boat (if his SI unit works in your boat, then the problem is in your head unit and not in your wiring). That won’t solve your problem, but at least it will help you isolate the cause (head unit, transducer, other wiring, etc).

This is a good time to troubleshoot problems, since most of our local waters are about to turn crunchy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.