A Down Imaging examination of fish cribs

• jhalfen

In lakes and impoundments that lack significant natural cover (weedbeds, rocks, timber, etc), and even in some bodies of water that possess these structural features, artificial fish cribs often serve as key locations for fish activity. Serving as both a local foundation for the food chain (providing a surface for baitfish-attracting algae and microorganisms to grow) and a source of cover for baitfish and young gamefish, cribs attract anglers in search of crappies, bass, walleye, and other gamefish that find the cribs to be reliable sources of food and protection. Artificial cribs made of plastic or wood are easily identified by sonar, and Humminbird’s Down Imaging and Side Imaging technologies provide outstanding, high-resolution views of these artificial fish-attracting structures.

To read the rest of this article on using Humminbird Down Imaging and Side Imaging to examine fish cribs, check out the link below:

Down Imaging and fish cribs

The rest of my collection of introductory articles on Humminbird’s Down Imaging technology is available at this link:

An introduction to Down Imaging at Jason Halfen Outdoors

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Are they saying January still on the down imaging???? It’s killing me waiting for this upgrade.

jhalfen

Still on track for January

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

I see Bass Pro has the 898 listed on there website,But don’t know if that means they have them in stock! So they are getting closer!

jhalfen

I heard a rumor that the new 800 and 900 series units are slated for January release. But that’s just a rumor

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

Is that some Rapalas on the sides, maybe 1 or 2 of mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.