Here’s a good looking spot

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I was chasing crappies down on an old creek bed on this lake. Without SI, would have never known they were there (without fishing blind)

Here a “What is it quiz for Jason”. See the irregular shaded area in the upper right….what do you think? We dropped an Aqua View down and was shocked at what we found there.

The last one is just an example of speed and 2D reading. I have a Y cable with a puck glassed in beneath my batteries shooting through the glass. The SI is external and is only in the water while off plane (bass boat) Crappies were deep on this trip in the thermocline. The SI clearly illustrates the exact structure they were following. We had our fish, and I circled around over the same spot as the Y in the creek bed. Not too bad for 2D at 45+ MPH shooting through the glass hull of my boat!

whittsend

Not another one of these…. The suspense kills me!!

whittsend

Quote:

Here a “What is it quiz for Jason”. See the irregular shaded area in the upper right….what do you think? We dropped an Aqua View down and was shocked at what we found there.

BTW, which picture were you referring to, and what did you see on the aqua view? Inquiring minds want to know!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Quote:

[/quote

BTW, which picture were you referring to, and what did you see on the aqua view? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Come on Randy. At least throw us a bone!

FDR

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I recognize me treasure chest

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Third pic is a stone piled stairs rising up along an old barn foundation. A lot of fish relating to that!

AllanTarvid

Great screen shots, and I never would have guessed rock stairs to an old barn foundation!

Your high speed sonar picture got me to thinking, we hear so much about how SI transducers don’t work well or cause problems on high performance boats at faster speeds we tend to think they won’t work at cruising speeds on slower boats that can mount them with no problems and we don’t even try to use them there. I think that’s a mistake. I have an aluminum walk-thru windshield walleye boat with a top speed around 35-37 MPH and SI works all the way up to wide open for me. I get some interference but important structure items are plainly visible.

Check out the wrecked bridge piling support with two partial pillars still standing on the right side view of one of these shots and a creek channel I passed over on the other. The speeds at which these recordings were made are displayed on the screens.

whittsend

One more “at speed” SI shot. Nothing fantastic to look at (bridge, structure, etc.), but if there would have been, I would have seen it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.