Bird Question for Wade or Jason

• gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

I’ve got a 957C installed on my boat (got it last season from good ol Jolly Ann). I may sell it and replace with 997SI.

So the question is, is everything the same as far as cabling other than the additional SI ducer ?

Can I just remove the 957 head, install the 997 head and SI ducer and give the 957 head and all the other stuff that would come in the new 997 box to the buyer. Obviously I need to give the buyer a full and complete “set.”

Thanks…

jhalfen

I believe that the answer to your question is a qualified “yes”. The other cables (GPS, power) have the same fittings on them, so they should be compatible with either 900 series unit.

The qualification is that the 997s are now shipping with the 50-channel GPS antenna (AS GR50), while your 957 most likely shipped with the older 16-channel GPS antenna (AS GR16). You might consider installing that 50-channel receiver on your boat, and sending the 16-channel receiver down the road with the 957.

Jolly Ann Sales has a nice deal going on for the 997s right now…don’t forget to hit “Add to Cart” for your special discount price. Or, if you want to take the worries out of the install process, consider checking out the Humminbird Sales and Install deal at Skeeter Boat Center.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Jason,

Is the Bird/install deal advertised on Skeeter Boat Center’s website? I snooped around for a while, but came up empty handed.

Thanks,

FDR

jhalfen

I’ll be making a post about this tonight or tomorrow with some pics and details.

Feel free to PM me for details in the meanwhile….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.