Hb 958 hd di problems

• waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Needs some advice on the hb. What do I need to do to get my di working? Today on the water when I switched view the di page was all black no image at all. Not sure what the problem is? Anyone have any suggestions.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Is your 2d sonar working?
    Do you have more than 1 duecer?
    What transducer is selected?

Did you do a reset on the water?

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

2d sonar was working.
    Only 1 transducer thru the hull mounted
    I don’t know what ducer was selected.

First time out on the water with this unit. Is there a setting that needs to be changed reading Manuel it says something about cancel navigation.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Under the sonar tab, try selecting a different transducer. I don’t know what the correct one is on a di unit. But select between them to see if it works.

I don’t think this will matter, but turn demonstration mode off.

Also, reset to factory settings first in case you were messing with it and changed anything goofy.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Does the down imaging only work with the di transducer or can any ducer work? The boat came with two transducers glassed in one for hummingbird and the other to lowrance.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yeah that might be your problem.

You need to be running a di transducer for di. Or an si.
    Neither can be glassed in I think.

I’m pretty sure the thru hull ones are 2d only.

Did you just buy the Humminbird? Or did all this come with a recent boat purchase?

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Bought a new boat and had it installed at dealership. I am going to have to make a call Monday and have a discussion about this. Hummingbird web site says si can’t be glassed in and di can.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I would try the things I suggested then, or of course let the guys that installed it fix it. Good luck on the new boat

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Thanks for all the info.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Sounds like to me they have a bird and lowrance 2d glassed in and they forgot to install the DI ducer on the transom. There should be a y-cable that is right next to the locator if they are using both transducers.

If there isn’t a transducer on the transom my guess is you don’t have a DI ducer installed.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

I know there is nothing mounted on the transon. The DI transducer come with the unti correct? I should have checked the box last night to see if it was in the box.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

the di ducer does come in the box. the 2d glassed in was probably from the factory.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Looked in the box and there was the di transducer. I Don’t know what to say about this except frustrated.

reddog

Quote:

Looked in the box and there was the di transducer. I Don’t know what to say about this except frustrated.

Oops, .

As long as it’s in the shop…..

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

LOL.

Any you wonder why when you call Dell the first question they as you is “Is your computer plugged in?

LOL…

Get that DI installed with a switch.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

What do you mean by a switch?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You can only hook up 1 transducer to your HBird (There’s only 1 plug in). So, you run both transducers to a switch ($100) then the switch to your humminbird.

If it was me, i’d run only the DI on the transom.

4d-rock

Not exactly true.

You can purchase a Y – cable like this one:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HUMMINBIRD-AS-SI-DB-Y-SIDE-IMAGING-DOWN-IMAGING-Y-Cable-720055-1-/400409295048

It should allow you to hook up your internal thru-hull transducer and your DI transducer to the same HB unit. With this installed it will automatically choose the thru-hull for 2D and DI from the DI-transducer.

If you’d like to choose which transducer you’d like to use at any given moment then you would need that switch.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Doest the regular imaging and di run off the same ducer? Does with mine.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.