Ice 55 problems

• 396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

I have 2 ice 55’s and I’m experiencing some issues with running them in the same shack.

If a rep or pro staff is using the ice 55 can you please contact me I would like to see if you are having the same problems

kvang86

Could it be interference from using the same unit? I know that with Marcum/Vex, you might need to adjust IR for this but normally works fine for 2 unit in most portable I fish…

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Found out that possible having two of the same units so close that run on the same frequency causes the problem and may get interference. Heard that from a salesman not a Humminbird rep. Take it as info for now.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

As others have I assume you are talking about interference issues. The Hummingbird units are noted for this. I love my ICE 55 but if I’m anywhere near another Hummingbird I have a lot of interference (Especially in 20’+). So much that messing with the “Noise” button will do nothing. I can fish two Marcum or two Vex in the same hole and have no issues but two Hummingbirds in the same general vicinity will be a pain in the rear. When I fish with my friends that have a Hummingbird mine stays at home.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Yes I’m talking about the interfierance. It sure sucks that I sold my fl18 and bought another humminbird for my wife and now I can hardly use the 2 ice 55’s together. I’m sure disappointed

smokercraft

Mine seems to work a lot better with other hummingbirds if I we have the beams set to different angles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.