SI Settings

• TJ
    Hammond, WI

Since I’m new to the SI world (along with many others by the way it sounds), I was wondering if people would throw up some of the important settings they use to get the best SI picture. I’m pretty happy with mine but if there is something I can improve on…I’m all over it. I’m running mine generally with factory settings with a few exceptions.

Sensitivity-bumped up to 12

Sharpness-Low

SI distance-60ft-100ft (too difficult to see fish if I go over 100ft)

Chart Speed-adjust to boat speed

Any tips from you guys who are pros with this technology?

huskerdu

Go to youtube lots of vids on the subject-BBC has a form also

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Will do…thanks.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Got my settings pretty much the same. You will find there is no set settings. Water depth and bottom content will vary the settings a little. Muck bottoms require a little higher sensitivity and contrast vs gravel or rock bottom. I run the si enhance that pops up at the bottom of the screen while searching and adjust on the go for the best image! Good luck and have fun uncovering structure on your favorite bodies of water!

scott-k
    Red Wing

I play with the color settings too. Today the inverse setting was the one I liked.

I ramp up and down the sensitivity to show me the best images. It is totally cool to start seeing fish with the shadows.

When cruising a shoreline, I will set the SI to just that side so it fills the screen with only what I want to look at.

When I locate fish on a scouting pass, I use the keypad and drop a waypoint. I will cruise for a while, drop way points, and then go back and troll them. Totally fun. And productive.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Here is what I use as base SI settings on my 898

SI Settings – from a SI screen press Menu once

1) SI Side – Both

2) SI Sensitivity – white dots are fish, white is also a hard bottom. Usually in the 8 – 12 range is about best depending on the lake bottom hardness

3) SI Enhance –

Sensitivity – same as above

Contrast – 10 adjust like a digital picture (don’t blow out highlights)

Sharpness – Low – medium – backlight off

4) SI Range – 50 – 80 ft

5) Chart Speed – At or slightly below boat speed

6) SI Colors – Use Green/Red helps distinguish between hard and soft bottom areas. User’s choice otherwise

As other have stated you may need to change things based on bottom type water depth etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.