788ci

• brucea
    Maplewood,MN

When the unit is first turned on should it show the gps location where you are at? Mine will show the location where I was before but not the current location.I some how get it to work after pushing buttons for five minutes!
    Last week on pool 2, when I first turned it on, pool 4 came on the screen. I had fished pool 4 the time before.I started pushing buttons and some how my location came up but, I had no contour lines or wing dams shown. I do have the lake master chip in it. The screen was only showing my tracks.The next day in the garage I turned it on and went to lakes and found pool 2 and all contours and dams were shown.What am I doing wrong?

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I got nothing for you. Just glad to hear that someone else uses the “random button pushing” technique.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

My H2O does the same thing until it aquires the satelites. This can take several minutes. Once it aquires the satelites,it usually asks if you want to go to your current position. But right when I turn it on, it brings up my last position.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Ditto what BZZZSAW said, units with internal antennas take longer to aquire a signal vs. an external antenna. My HB 998 is just blank until signal is aquired. Another thing to check is if the unit has 2 card slots, make sure you have the correct side slot selected in the menu!

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

The GPS has to acquire satellites before it can change – pushing the buttons just gave the GPS time to work. Make sure the antenna to the GPS isn’t blocked while you’re waiting. The tree limbs hanging over my dock increase the acquire time – once out in the open it only takes about 1 – 2 minutes.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

Quote:

Ditto what BZZZSAW said, units with internal antennas take longer to aquire a signal vs. an external antenna. My HB 998 is just blank until signal is aquired.

Would it show a trail if it was not locked on satellites?
    I gave up on it that day and used my H2O.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

On my 788ci I do not get any maps or anything until it lock onto the satellites. I am not sure the satellite locking is your issue. Once mine locks in it always shows my current location.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

It will not make a trail w/out signal. Was there a map of any kind showing? Sometimes they will glitch and not load the map data. A power cycle should fix it I think.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I will have to check for specifics
    BUT
    It is using the default location
    there is a setting to stop that
    and use current location on startup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.