Splicing tranducer cord

• bthess
    Manly, IA

I snapped my transducer cord tonight and was wondering if there was any way to splice the wires back together. Kind of doubting it but wanted to ask. Thanks

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I snapped my transducer cord tonight and was wondering if there was any way to splice the wires back together. Kind of doubting it but wanted to ask. Thanks

Since it’s snapped already it’s worth a shot. However I doubt it’ll work and be satisfactory.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Here you go. I have done this several times for other people Splicing a Tranducer Wire

BBKK
    IA

Some work, and some dont. You’ll just have to try it and see. I would cut back the rubber coating and solder each wire back together, then cover the whole thing in shrink wrap tubing.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

how did you snap it??

jerry b
    western WI

Quote:

Done it several times, Biggest issue is to make sure the splice is soldered and waterproof. Use lots of heat shrink, liquid tape, and if you can find it, heat shrink tape. If it has a foil shield around the wires, make sure you get it replaced as it can leak an electrical field interference and mess with your signal. Look at it this way, if you’re hot, you’re hot. If not, you had to replace it anyway jerr

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.