lake master chip or navionics

• joemama
    North St Paul

what do people perfer..navionics or the lake master chips i fish primary Mn lakes.mille lacs,winnie red and metro.if lake master is the answer which model ??

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

I like lakemaster better detail, version 7 in the pro series I believe is the last one they made before being bought out by HB. Thorne Bros had a bunch awhile ago, not sure if thats still true. Good luck

joemama
    North St Paul

thanks i’ll check it out..i known cabela’s is upposed to have “new “version

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

With that list of lakes, LM hands down.

When I got my first chip it was an 07 NAV because it had way more lakes on it. I soon learned that most of the structure was off by quite a bit from what my depth finder told me.

During the same time span I was fishing with friends who had LM chips and they were by far much more accurate. After that initial comparison of my NAV chip and others LM chip I quickly bought a LM in 08′.

I have since purchased 3 more LM chips and 1 NAV chip. ( A great lakes and costal gold version which was horrible and I sold.) If NAV does ever get any better, I will probly never know.

You will be MUCH happier with LM on your listed bodies of water.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

what do people perfer..navionics or the lake master chips i fish primary Mn lakes.mille lacs,winnie red and metro.if lake master is the answer which model ??

Lake Master hands down. I’ve got a 2008 Navionics and it is…….. lacking in accuracy.

leeck12

Lakemaster all the way had same experience as chuck my buddy had a nav. chip i have lakemaster took 1 trip to mille lacs for him to go buy a lakemaster. just my 2 cents.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.