New planter

• jhalfen

I guess the first thing to try it to borrow a buddy’s puck, connect it to your unit, and see if that solves the problem. Or take your unit to a gander/sportsmans warehouse/cabelas/reeds and have one of their guys check the unit with an in-stock puck. Quick diagnosis and a quick fix (replace with new puck) if that’s the problem. I ran into that problem (and solution) with a Lowrance unit on my crestliner a couple of years back.

jerry b
    western WI

yep, exactly my thoughts. I had a new one right out of the box that was no good. First make sure you have power to the puck and then go from there- -jerr

kerk
    Maplewood, MN

If you have access to the Lowrance website, I would go to their troublshooting section and type in gps module not responding. It will come up with your unit and a list of resolutions relating to your statement.

I used it to fix a problem with my backbone connections and terminators to the bus.
    good luck!!!!!

Hawg Lbr
    Sartell, MN

could be one of your cables or the T connector in your line.. that has been known to happen.. they may be less than having to replace your puck.. hook yours up to someone elses and trouble shoot that way if possible..

customrodfan
    Twin Cities

Thanks for the advice guy’s. Hope it’s not the puck — $199 for a new one.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Just picked up my new planter on Friday. A cut down John Deere flex 71 planter. I ordered as a 3 row which is almost exactly as wide as the tractor. This will be very nice for getting into my plots in the woods and for planting the 4 acre plot. I will keep the pull behind planter at home for now and use this at the farm. I can’t wait try this baby out!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Looks awesome!! Is this the custom guy I’ve seen either posted here or Craig’s?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

It’s RDH OUTDOORS in Wilmar. He did an outstanding job

super_do
    St Michael, MN

That thing looks awesome

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Very nice! add some yetter row openers and you will be set up for no till planting

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

Very nice! add some yetter row openers and you will be set up for no till planting

x2 dream machine for most all aplications under 5 acres!

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

I own that exact same planter. Planted 14 acres with it last year, both corn and beans. You will love it!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.