Yup

big_g
    Isle, MN

Since that other one wasn’t for Vikings fans, here’s one you’ll like

Tribute

big G

chomps
    Sioux City IA

hey big g, my browser doesn’t recognize your link! Or maybe I don’t have it in me to click on it

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Ouch…

Go Pack !

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I saw AP last year during one of the preseason games and went WOW!!! He will be fun to watch until he is done. As much as it pains me to think he will be responsible for the Packs undoing when we get beat, I hope he has a long and great career. But that was really boring footage, big G…LOL!!!

Mark

big_g
    Isle, MN

I know, thats all I could come up with….

big G

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Quote:

Anonymous said…

After She grabbed a beer, i think i fell in love
    11:03 PM

Thats what I was thinking!

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

The Vikes are gonna stomp the pack in the 1st Monday night game of the season!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

There we go that’s the type of answer I was looking for!!! Now I feel better!!!

Mark

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Mark, do you know that ugly looking haag singing that song? By the way, she sounds terrible too.

Sportland Bait

I finally had a chance to sneak on over to my first plot of the year. At first I was a little disappointed in the weeds that had sprouted up, but it is too late now. I guess I should have waited for the weeds to sprout, spray round up, then plant. I had the ground prepped early this year but no weeds grew, so I just planted. Was that a bad idea? I’m still learning as I go. It has been in the ground for about two weeks now and I am happy to see that it is starting to come in pretty decent. As storms were coming in this afternoon I scrambled to get about 300 pounds of fertilizer in. Just after I finished the rain started. Good timing too because I think the weather is going to stay nice for a while. Should be a good growing season. Do you guys ever have much trouble with turkeys eating up you food plot seed?

Jason

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

depending on what you planted and how much weeds you have there are a number of routes to take but a simple mowing of the weeds and a little care getting the mulch out of the plot is all you need to do, cheap and kind of easy.I would mow soon before your fert is wasted on the weeds you dont want to grow and the weeds go to seed creating even more problems. I dont have much problems with them eating the seed its the dam dust baths thety make! 60 turkeys on a 1/6th acre plot is not good! About 3o dust baths later I had 30 weed circles!! each needed hand spot seeding!! Food plot vultures is all they are!!

shednut
    22 feet up

What did you plant Jason? QDM’s advice on mowing the weeds is good advice, but there may be chemical measures you can take depending on what you planted.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Glad to here you got some plots in!

I have yet hit the field. I have at least 5 plots to do.

Quote:

Do you guys ever have much trouble with turkeys eating up you food plot seed?

Last year they wiped out my corn on my Metro plot.

Sportland Bait

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. The mix I planted is mostly clover. I did spread a little oats and winter peas, and turnips around the edges. I think the gobblers were after the oats. We’ll see how it goes. I might end up plowing it under and planting again later in the summer. During seeding I never can tell if I am spreading it at the correct rate. Seems like the areas I seeded heavier are coming in nice and a little thin in between. Somewhat patchy. Any suggestions for seeders?

Jason Erlandson

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I think it is too early to give up on your plot. the advice on mowing is very good. also make sure when you fertilize for clover you use very little nitrogen as this will only promote weed growth. you can spray this planting with poast plus with decent results. (make sure you use a good crop oil with poast or it will not work) don’t be afraid to spread more seed just before a good rain. Good luck!!

whittsend

Try mowing. BUT… I’d recommend just rounduping the clover to help “save” it.

Clover is extremely tough. If you planted the clover recently, let the weeds/clover grow so the clover establishes itself. Then, spray the whole area with roundup. It will kill the weeds, and, yes, it will seem to kill the clover… BUT, that clover will come back STRONG and outcompete and weeds.. Problem solved.

1-2 weeks after spraying you might kick yourself ’cause it will seem like you killed your clover. 2-3 weeks after spraying you’ll love your new all-clover plot.

Someone else mentioned this method in an earlier post. I’ve done it a number of times, it works great. When I sprayed some grass strips a few years ago to plant pines, after about 2 weeks I sure had a GREAT clover patch going where there used to be all weeds/grass….

Worth a shot, especially if you are considering tilling it up anyway.

Sportland Bait

Thanks guys, I might try spraying with round up if the weeds come in too strong. I just bought a gallon of concentrate for my other plots anyways.

Jason Erlandson

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.