Gun shops that take guns on consignment?

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Does anyone know of any Twin Cities area gun shops that will take guns to be sold on consignment?

On a slightly different angle, does anyone know of an established GunBroker.com selling dealer who would list and sell guns for me for a %?

I’m not interested in lowball “we’ll buy your guns” outfits or dealers. I want a straight consignment dealer who will sell the guns for me.

I want to thin the herd a little, as it were, but getting an online account on the auction sites has become massively complicated, so that’s a no-go.

Thanks for all ideas.

Grouse

Dave maze
    Isanti

I have seen consignment guns for sale at capras in Blaine. Post a list of what your selling here.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Definitely post stuff here! I’m always interested as are many others I’m sure.

Bill’s Gun Shop does consignment as well. Hudson, Circle Pines, Robbinsdale

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Here’s the short version of the first two guns that I need to move along.

Weatherby Element 20 gauge 26 barrel. Rarely used. With all chokes and shims. Excellent lightweight 20. $425.

Winchester SXP Black Shadow pump. 12 gauge, this is the 3.5 inch chamber version. 28-inch barrel. Includes all the factory-supplied screw-in chokes and wrench. No box. Fired less than 10 times. $275.

I can send pictures of both guns. Feel free to make reasonable offers. PM for details.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

Gunsmith Arms just north of Hastings does consignment sales at a lower charge than Bill’s. Jimmy lists on Gunbroker and Armslist. He charges 15 percent or a minimum of $50.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Bill’s Gun Shop does consignment as well. Hudson, Circle Pines, Robbinsdale

I’ve sold a handgun on consignment through them and someone bought it in 2 days for almost full price. Obviously it alleviates me having to do any paperwork or back ground checks on potential buyers. It was very convenient and if I ever want to sell another firearm, I’ll use them again.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I’ve sold quite a few guns on GunBroker, it’s pretty straightforward

List them yourself?

Justin riegel

I believe Joe’s still does. At least they did 2 years agao.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I know I’m late to the party but when you head up north to Hinkley stop off of 17 at full draw, talk to willy Kevin or Jason. They do this for some of us that frequent the shop. I’m not sure if they do it for everyone or just the folks they know.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Appreciate all the suggestions, guys.

Now that my sons both are of hunting age AND both shooting HS trap, the collection has had to rapidly expand. And to be honest, I was already a littl over-stocked because I never saw a varmint rifle that I didn’t love, so… yeah, some of it has to go.

Trading is never an option because I’m so fussy that I buy everything online now. And I just won’t give in to the crazy low price that are offered on trade anyway.

I’ve sold quite a few guns on GunBroker, it’s pretty straightforward
    List them yourself?

The GunBroker registration process is way more than I’m willing to go through for 5-6 guns. At least from what I can see. When did you set up your seller account and how long did it take to complete?

I know I’m late to the party but when you head up north to Hinkley stop off of 17 at full draw, talk to willy Kevin or Jason. They do this for some of us that frequent the shop. I’m not sure if they do it for everyone or just the folks they know.

Awesome tip. Kevin and Jason are both customers of my company, so I’ll stop and see them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.