Green Bay

• mojogunter

I am headed to green bay out of Oconto this weekend. Any reports? I have heard it has been kind of slow of late. Not great weather on the way too could make for a slow weekend.

Was out of Two Rivers on Sunday with water temps around 50 degrees. Fishing around 40 feet with Moonshine lures. Got 2 nice Kings, one at 20 lbs. and the other at 15. The water was a little rough at first, but calmed down to near glass around noon. Great day to be out, but was surprised that there were so few others out. Saw 2 other boats when we first got on the water, then no one else until about 3pm.
    Still very new to this type of fishing. Are there any pointers that you fellow IDO people can offer for upcoming trips? Like how deep I should be fishing or locations? My boat is rather a small one for the big lake at 18.5 feet and still getting the ‘feel’ of it too.

mojogunter

I have only fished for walleyes on green bay, so no pointers from me for salmon or trout.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Sucks! (Oh sorry was thinking this was a Packers post…)

mojogunter

We boated 55 fish today pulling spinners. All fish came shallow 6′ to 3.5′ moving very slow about 1.0 mph. The average size has been much smaller than the last few years at about 17.5″.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.