Green Bay Fall walleye fishing question

• Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I have never fished the Bay of Green Bay in the fall before and would like to make at least one trip there this fall within the next 3 or 4 weeks. Are there any specific launches that are better for chasing walleye in the fall? I understand from doing some google searches, it is a transition time and the fish could be scattered still this time of year. Are there any general areas that guys target this time of the year in the bay that I should start searching for walleye? My experience in this area has only been during the spawn.
    Thank you in advance for any information anyone is willing to share.

jerry_ruffolo
    Manitowoc, WI

I’ve been doing well north of Green Bay near Oconto and Sturgeon Bay. There are fish on reefs around Oconto, the mud out from Pensaukee, and on reefs around Sturgeon Bay. I’m getting them pulling spinners, trolling cranks, or jigging. Take your pick!! Good luck! Capt Jerry, Anglers Plus guide Service

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Art, I am in the same boat – living here for ever and never doing anything besides the one trip up in the spring a few years back. Hopefully this thread will help.

Jerry, thanks for that info. If trolling, will flicker shads like Winnebago work? I have some deep Husky (12) from Erie as well.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I’ve been doing well north of Green Bay near Oconto and Sturgeon Bay. There are fish on reefs around Oconto, the mud out from Pensaukee, and on reefs around Sturgeon Bay. I’m getting them pulling spinners, trolling cranks, or jigging. Take your pick!! Good luck! Capt Jerry, Anglers Plus guide Service

Thank you

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Good info Jerry. Much appreciated! waytogo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.